Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Ammo for home protection

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Tanker, you are a scumbag. sorry im late on this. But seriously man, if you have decent advice for a decent question, we are willing to listen. If you want to put in your two cents on how you nail law abiding folk to the wall, just for defending their families, shame on you. I hope the awful things you do to people come back on you someday. So stack your money and go ___k your self. And please, go away.

To the point... If you are in the suburbs, use the best expanding HP you can. Maybe a 147gr, slower moving, quickly expanding bullet. I would stay away from exotic ammo all together, exept if there has been some extensive testing done on them. gold dots, win SXT or ranger T, hydra shok or the like. Keep it simple, practice with them and be very aware of whats on the other side of your walls, and hit your target. If you end up hitting someone on the other side of the wall, Tanker will take everything you own, plus add some jail time.
Shoot the ammo you will be loading up with, so you know your point of impact and dont take a shot that isnt a definate hit. I know thats easier said than done, but innocent peoples safety is absolutely no1.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #52
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Wow, lawyers show why we need castle doctrine in all 50 states. I live in a cd state and still would only use deadly force as a last resort. I'll sleep good at night and take my chances in court knowing my family is safe.
Lawyers like this are why the price of many things, guns cigarettes, and healthcare are out of control.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #53
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

To answer the original question I have 00 buck for my black mossberg 500 extended tube persuader or federal 125 jhp hi shok 357 msg for my s&e 686.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #54

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If the federal government would sell hunting licenses for trial lawyers we could pay off the national debt within three hunting seasons - quicker if there were no bag limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Wow, lawyers show why we need castle doctrine in all 50 states. I live in a cd state and still would only use deadly force as a last resort. I'll sleep good at night and take my chances in court knowing my family is safe.
Lawyers like this are why the price of many things, guns cigarettes, and healthcare are out of control.

I wish I was half as smart as my dog thinks I am.

ARhillbilly Likes This 
Old 12-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #55
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1707 Times on 931 Posts
Likes Given: 541

While everybody hates lawyers until they need one, Tanker told you like it is. There will be a lawyer trying to make a living off of your misfortune and he will be going for the jugular. If I were in the position of having to defend myself in court I would want a lawyer like Tanker on my side. I would want the most ruthless SOB I could find.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Kevin Likes This 
Old 12-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #56

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
I've never bought any ammo online, so I'm probably not gonna be of much help in that department.
Online is the only place where EVERYTHING is available. It might not all be in stock, but every brand and every loading is obtainable.

For my 4.5" XD(m) 9mm I use Winchester Ranger Talon 127gr. JHP +p+

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 220 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
For my 4.5" XD(m) 9mm I use Winchester Ranger Talon 127gr. JHP +p+
My favorite 9mm defense load...practically a 357sig.

SGammo is my go-to for all premium ammo. I've yet to find anywhere with similar selection or pricing on Winchester Ranger or just about anything else for that matter.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #58
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5241 Times on 2733 Posts
Likes Given: 329

this thread is from 2007 and immediately devolved into non productive territory. anyone care to discuss the relevence of different ammo types start a fresh sans the sniping

happy new year!! time to start fresh!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

phildenton Likes This 
Closed Thread