Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Ammo for home protection

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker60A3 View Post
Full metal jacket may not be the best man stopper, but it's my choice. If you're in court, and that's where you are going if you shoot someone, you don't want a lawyer (like me) carrying on about how you were using HP's, Black Talons, Hydra Shocks, Gold Dots, etc, etc. Plain basic FMJ's, and practice, practice, practice. The FMJ has been fighting wars and putting bad people down for a 100 years.
In a shotgun I like pretty shinny wood stocks and #4 shot. Use a black gun and I will walk around the courtroom holding it up for the jury to see. I'll say all kinds of things about how you armed yourself X number of years ago, with the intent of killing someone. You could have confronted the decedent and held him at gun point and waited for the Police, but you didn't even call them until after you had murdered the victim.
Get yourself a high capacity Glock and load it with HP's, then get a Remington 870 and put a Speed Feed stock on it and load it up with 00 Buck and slugs. Maybe an AR with light and verticle grip. I, for the victim's family of course, will use a wrongful death claim to take everything you have, had, or ever will have.
Have a nice day
Wow, what a punk little pathetic excuse for a man. As a matter of fact you lil B(it could stand for boy but probably not) I have numerous guns for people like you that come into my house. I have a 1911 Colt .45 loaded with Black Talons, (I have friend Cops), That one is by the closet. My pistol grip shotgun with light and lazer with short sling and nasty looking heat shield loaded with 00 buck shot and alternating deer slugs is resting next to the bed. The AR doesn't need a vertical grip. I can take anything out from at least 800 yards away with that beauty. I probably wouldn't use that in the house though. That would be a waste on someone like you breaking into my house. Besides the shotgun would make a lot bigger mess and be a lot more fun. The AR would just be loud and go right through someone. No fun at all. Unless I saw scum like you walking into my yard then yeah, I would probably break that one. Now the SKS, I have some nasty shells for that one, make a huge mess, and I could possibly break in the bayonnet so that would deff be cool. Lets see, what else would happen if some loser broke into my house looking to put my family and animals in harms way. The SS marlin 3030 would be cool in a cowboy type of way. The glock is for someone on the street or the road that needs to be checked with my need for safety with me or my family. But you know what? My really awesome neighbors probably wouldn't even let you into the house before they started pumping numerous rounds into you before asking. Now thats America. Don't come into my house, and everything will be fine. Come in, and get ready for some resistance. And you go ahead and try to sue anything, because 99% of people know about idiot sleezy people like yourself that try to steal money from honest people and give to criminals like yourself and losers that try to steal, rape, and murder innocent people. These people are better off dead.
Idiot. This is why there are so many dumb sleezy people in America. People that are just dumb enough to open their dumb punk mouth.

As for ammo? Hydroshoks are good in handguns. They say less recoil so less muzzle jump so you can put 15 rounds in them and they die so they can't sue you. I have gold dots in my glock 33 (357). Just had them. Those two are very good DEFENSIVE ROUNDS. They feed well in 9's too. Take care and keep DEFENDING YOU AND YOUR HOME!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Looks like lawyers need to be used for target practice
Darn someone beat me to the punch.

Glasers huh? Honestly never heard of them. Seems like a lot of people like these. Hmmmn, I will have to check them out.

Its too bad that the lawyer can't follow the criminal inside too. Then you could get two in one night.

"Black" guns? haha. What an idiot. I will put some mahogany on my tactical shotgun. That will ease the minds of the jury. Guess I should have gotten that pink 10/22

Old 02-04-2009, 01:31 AM   #33

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Looks like lawyers need to be used for target practice
Great 'Green Wise' idea. Let's call BHO and suggest it! Save paper, use lawyers for targets!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-04-2009, 01:35 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelomadman View Post
What would you do if YOUR neighbor suddenly shot a .45 round though YOUR wall, striking YOUR 5-year old? Would you care that he/she had a good reason to be blasting away at the preceived threat? I bet you would also contact one of those sucmbag lawyers to help pay for your little one's care. Be carefull out there.
You should probably stop thinking. It seems like its not working well for you. The idiot lawyer is telling him to use bullets that are going to go right through him or her (criminal) and possibly through the house into someone elses house.
And am I supposed to sacrifice my family for yours? Notta. See you idiot this is exactly what people here are trying to speak about. The safest ammo to use not only for other members of your own house, but homes around you. Get your head out of your liberal a$$ and pay attention.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #35

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Tanker60A3 is not a very good lawyer, and he probably doesn't win many cases.

You cannot fault someone for using hollow point rounds when the standard round of all LEO's around the country is.......................wait for it.......................HOLLOW POINTS.

I'm gonna call his attempt at sounding smart an EPIC FAIL!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobiesun View Post
Wow, what a punk little pathetic excuse for a man. As a matter of fact you lil B(it could stand for boy but probably not) I have numerous guns for people like you that come into my house. I have a 1911 Colt .45 loaded with Black Talons, (I have friend Cops), That one is by the closet. My pistol grip shotgun with light and lazer with short sling and nasty looking heat shield loaded with 00 buck shot and alternating deer slugs is resting next to the bed. The AR doesn't need a vertical grip. I can take anything out from at least 800 yards away with that beauty. I probably wouldn't use that in the house though. That would be a waste on someone like you breaking into my house. Besides the shotgun would make a lot bigger mess and be a lot more fun. The AR would just be loud and go right through someone. No fun at all. Unless I saw scum like you walking into my yard then yeah, I would probably break that one. Now the SKS, I have some nasty shells for that one, make a huge mess, and I could possibly break in the bayonnet so that would deff be cool. Lets see, what else would happen if some loser broke into my house looking to put my family and animals in harms way. The SS marlin 3030 would be cool in a cowboy type of way. The glock is for someone on the street or the road that needs to be checked with my need for safety with me or my family. But you know what? My really awesome neighbors probably wouldn't even let you into the house before they started pumping numerous rounds into you before asking. Now thats America. Don't come into my house, and everything will be fine. Come in, and get ready for some resistance. And you go ahead and try to sue anything, because 99% of people know about idiot sleezy people like yourself that try to steal money from honest people and give to criminals like yourself and losers that try to steal, rape, and murder innocent people. These people are better off dead.
Idiot. This is why there are so many dumb sleezy people in America. People that are just dumb enough to open their dumb punk mouth.

As for ammo? Hydroshoks are good in handguns. They say less recoil so less muzzle jump so you can put 15 rounds in them and they die so they can't sue you. I have gold dots in my glock 33 (357). Just had them. Those two are very good DEFENSIVE ROUNDS. They feed well in 9's too. Take care and keep DEFENDING YOU AND YOUR HOME!!!

No matter how much of an ass the schmuck lawyer is, statements like that only perpetuate the stigma that we as gun owners have to disprove time and time again. Anti gun Nazis views are based in fear, whether from lack of knowledge or political and social brain washing. As responsible gun owners we continually have to battle to keep our rights. Instead of ranting and brandishing all your awesome firepower on the internet, try educating your opponent (for lack of a better term) about the modern realities that we, as gun owners, face and get involved at the local/state/national level in protecting our freedoms. (whether this means supporting the NRA or writing your politicians- whatever) This will go a lot further than e-blasting a lawyer trolling for a reaction on a gun forum.

Lighten up Francis. Sheesh.

Last edited by Slawth; 02-05-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Re word post to be less personal.
arizona Likes This 
Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #37

I think you are wrong slawth. I was simply making a point by being a resposible gun owner. I have had guns all of my life, and what do you know? Still have them, and still alive. I hope like hell I never have to use these things other then for plinkin fun. But if by chance someone does come in I will hit them with everything I have. As I should. As everyone should. Extreme? Not hardly. Petty thoughts and comments like the lawyers are what us law abiding citizens have to fight against. And fearing to stand up for our belief's is exactly what people like this want. Terrorism. I am the most passive person you could ever possibly meet. Till you put someone in danger. Then I stand tall. As I/we should...
"Have a nice day"

Last edited by Hobiesun; 02-05-2009 at 03:54 AM.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Tanker60A3 is not a very good lawyer, and he probably doesn't win many cases.

You cannot fault someone for using hollow point rounds when the standard round of all LEO's around the country is.......................wait for it.......................HOLLOW POINTS.

I'm gonna call his attempt at sounding smart an EPIC FAIL!

Thats awesome. Much less extreme then mine!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:26 AM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think you should re-read your first post. There is quite a bit of distance between this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobiesun View Post
I hope like hell I never have to use these things other then for plinkin fun. But if by chance someone does come in I will hit them with everything I have. As I should.
...and talking about how much "fun" it would be to blow someone apart with your shotgun or pump 15 rounds into them so they can't sue you.

I apologize if you feel my post is in err. I was just telling you to lighten up because you sounded like a lunatic. I understand that Mr. "black guns are evil" struck a nerve- It pissed me off too. But hellz, don't give a guy like that any ammo about crazy gun owners- dispute him with facts, or just make a couple generalized kill the lawyers jokes and move on.

Maybe I read your post wrong, maybe you had one too many red bulls before posting It's really not a big deal- please don't threaten to make a mess out of me with your shotgun for having a differing point of view- no matter how ****ed up you may think it is. (that's a joke)

Last edited by Slawth; 02-05-2009 at 04:59 AM.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I had never considered the danger of a "black gun"; i will keep that in mind while seeking a shotgun. I guess it's a good thing they only had the XDgeezerbarrel i recently bought in green, and here i thought it was odd-looking.

Closed Thread