Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Adjustable sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Adjustable sights

Are there any aftermarket adjustable sight for the XD's. I would like to replace the sights with some that are good for low light. Since I want to replace them I would like adjustable sights. Mine XD 9mm tactical tends to shoot down and left.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

check out these links...

XS Sight Systems - Handgun Sights - 24/7 Express

Springfield XD: PT Night Sights MMC Adjustable Sights

Sights - SpringfieldXDStore.com

Trijicon Springfield XD-9 / XD-40 / XD-45 / XD-357 3 Dot Front & Rear Night Sight Set SP01 FREE S&H Trijicon Tritium & Fiber Optic Night Sights.

Out of those, I have the Trijicons mounted on my SC and love them. The wife has the XS big dot on hers, and swears by them.

Slo

Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontie View Post
Are there any aftermarket adjustable sight for the XD's. I would like to replace the sights with some that are good for low light. Since I want to replace them I would like adjustable sights. Mine XD 9mm tactical tends to shoot down and left.
Before you go through the trouble of replacing the sights - make sure it's the guns fault. Shooting low & left is a very common complaint and it's generally caused by the shooter and not the gun. Somebody will be along soon with the "shooting chart" that describes what causes it.

OK, found it in another thread:

Last edited by NGIB; 09-21-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

When you get to my age, you're just happy to see the sights.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. The main reason I am looking to replace the sights is for low light (and bad eyes).

I would prefer adjustable sights. I have a highpoint ($160 pistol) it has adjustable sights. I have used them to sight in. Actually it is quite accurate.

I am not jerking the trigger, I'm actually squeezing them of slowly. Much slower than I would in an emergency situation. I just want to be centered when squeezing them off, that way I'm closer to my aim point when in a hurry.

I will check out the websites suggested. I actually did look some before this post with no luck. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #6

FYI, doing a sight job at home on an XD is nigh on to impossible. The factory sights are so tight that it takes a commercial sight pusher to move them. BTW, Sig P series sights also fit XDs...

Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
FYI, doing a sight job at home on an XD is nigh on to impossible. The factory sights are so tight that it takes a commercial sight pusher to move them. BTW, Sig P series sights also fit XDs...
Thanks NGIB.

I'm not going to tackle it myself. I was planning on taking it to a gunsmith. I have heard the sights on the xd are extremely tight. I have also heard of people trying to replace them with sight designed for Glock, with no luck. I will check out the sig sights.

Right now I'm just doing my homework.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #8

I found out about the Sig sights fitting XDs when I found a used set of XS Big Dots for sale locally very cheap. They came off a P229 and I tried to install them on my XD but I couldn't get the old sights out. Once removed, the Big Dots worked like a champ on the XD...

Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
What about this sight Sure sight I saw it in another post. It is not adjustable, but the concept makes sense. I was just wondering in anybody has used them?

Old 10-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #10

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

You could also try looking at these. I know they are not adjustable but I hear they are good for aging eyes. It would be almost like the triangle sights (which I like) but you just make a lollipop (post under big dot).