.40 -v- 9mm - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > .40 -v- 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

With that being said, maybe I should go 9mm so its easier for my wife to use..

Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwimports View Post
You both make very good points. The truth is I am willing and able to use my gun with the intent to kill. I would never let anything or anyone harm me or my family. It's just if I had a choice (and I relize I won't) I would prefer not to kill someone and have to go through the legal system and worry about proving self defense etc.

Unless you live in a red state with "Castle Doctrine" law, you will find yourself a victim of the legal system no matter what you do if it involves a firearm. The question you have to ask yourself is "Do I want to also face a civil trial after the criminal trial?" Too many people who felt like you found themselves financially and emotionally destitute after long drawn-out civil trials that were decided in favor of the "criminal" . Dead men can't sue!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 04-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #13

I decided on the .40 cal but I can't find anyone who has it in stock. Does anyone who where I can get XD9822HCSP06 at?

Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Unless you live in a red state with "Castle Doctrine" law, you will find yourself a victim of the legal system no matter what you do if it involves a firearm. The question you have to ask yourself is "Do I want to also face a civil trial after the criminal trial?" Too many people who felt like you found themselves financially and emotionally destitute after long drawn-out civil trials that were decided in favor of the "criminal" . Dead men can't sue!
Well, sorry to tell you this, but dead men actually can sue and often do through their estates.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwimports View Post
Wow Dillinger, did I mention I'm new to all this, haha. No really, thanks for the reply, you went into some detail and gave me something to think about. This is how I think, and maybe you guys will think I'm crazy. If someone break into my house, I want to shoot them, to stop them from being able to do harm to me or my family. Not really interested in killing them. I prefer to stop them in their tracks and then proceed to beat the **** out of them, piss on them and then call the cops. Should I just go 9mm, because its a cheaper gun to shoot?
If you need a firearm to keep in your home did you consider a shotgun ?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #16

I had a 40 and decided to go for a 9mm. I love the soft recoil and the ammo is cheaper, and my new xdm9 has better grouping (for me) than the 40.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah the 9mm can be usually be shot accurately at a faster rate of fire, but with practice I can now do just as well with my XD .40 Tactical. 9mm are fun to shoot, but I love the feel of a more powerful weapon.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Yeah the 9mm can be usually be shot accurately at a faster rate of fire, but with practice I can now do just as well with my XD .40 Tactical. 9mm are fun to shoot, but I love the feel of a more powerful weapon.
I still favor the .40 even though I don't currently own one.

Newest Threads