.40 v .45 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > .40 v .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I shot about 300 rounds out of my XD 40 Tactical today and was very pleased. This is the 3rd time I took it out and by far the best. I was shooting 3-4 inch groups at 30 ft with pretty rapid fire and mixing up head shots randomly and got nothing but hits. Since 95-97% of gun fights occur with in this distance I am very satisified.

I also shot my Dad's H&K 40 and it did not produce as good of results. I questioned the XD at first, but after it starts to loosen up and your proficiency increases. This gun rocks. After about 500-600 rounds, not a single misfire.

We also shot a Kimber 1911 4" barrel and the last round kept jamming. Pops was pissed, but when functioning properly that gun shoots sweet and accurate. No recoil at all. Kinda boring if you ask me I like the power and speed of a nice .40, plus they have more capacity... 40 all the way for me

diggsbakes, very nice. 17 posts and a Supporting Member! WTG, from a native Coloradoan!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 AM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
diggsbakes, very nice. 17 posts and a Supporting Member! WTG, from a native Coloradoan!
New to the internet, not to shooting! Love Colorado...

D

Old 08-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
I know others here may disagree, but I think 9mm is fine as a self defense caliber. When you look at the real world studies that have been done you see that it's really all about shot placement, not bullet size. It's even possible you may find you have better shot placement with the 9mm due to slightly less recoil and the possibility you may practice more since the ammo is a little cheaper.

Here is were I disagree when "real" studies come into play with self protection. In a real self defense scenario, you are going to be attacked some how. That means that your body is going to be pumping like a mad man and you are going be having a hard time just to analyze what is going on at the moment. Yea, a .22 can kill a person if you shoot them in the right spot, but can you do that while fighting another person whom may also have a gun that is shooting at you? I am not going to stick my head out from cover to take the time to aim for the sweat spot. I personally have a .40 cal and upgrading to a .45. In a situation, I wanna be able to hit that person anywhere and make them feel it. Maybe even to the point were they stop the engagement. In a real fight, you don't take your time for proper body alignment, sight alignment, and proper trigger pull. You get cover, tactical advantage, and shoot when needed to survive. Training does help with your shooting skills and survival instincts, but I say, the bigger the hole it makes, the less rounds you need to fire that hit target. But that's just my opinion.