Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > 3.8 xdm 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default 3.8 xdm 9mm

So I have decided this is going to be my first gun. I have 260 saved up so far and more will come. Since I'm getting married in 13 days, I am already changing my address (moving in with her) so I can get my concealed. The only thing is I'm stuck between the subcompact with 13+1 if im correct or the full grip with 19+1. I like them both but I really like the full grip. Although the sc comes with one extended mag. Opinions on both or ones similar if havent shot the xdms. Please and thank you.

Come to the dark side....we have cookies.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

How big of a guy are you? If you are small waisted it would probably be a better concealment choice to get the compact. If you have some size to you, a full sized grip won't be hard to disguise. Just my two cents. I have a full size 3.8 and love it. I don't carry concealed, though. I just never went through with the background check and paperwork after I took the class.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'm about 5'5 about 200 pounds right now but I'm a broad chested s.o.b. maybe next time I'm at my local range, I'll ask if I can try both in a holster or two. Thanks fireguy.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #4

I got the xdm 3.8 full grip and love it. It shots like a dream! I tried out concealing it around the house to see if my wife notices. Most times it takes a couple hours before she notices it. When I get my ccw I plan to get a concealment shirt, thats made with mesh inside the shirt around the waist band to proventing printing.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #5

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper23
I got the xdm 3.8 full grip and love it. It shots like a dream! I tried out concealing it around the house to see if my wife notices. Most times it takes a couple hours before she notices it. When I get my ccw I plan to get a concealment shirt, thats made with mesh inside the shirt around the waist band to proventing printing.
If thats what works sounds good cheers on the XD. I just pack at 3:00 on my waist no holster just belted on the 4.5" .45 xdm it works great no problems with printing or comfort and if i have a tighter shirt on and i print, i dont really care much