XS handgun sights

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > XS handgun sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default XS handgun sights

Does anyone have experience with these sights? Either the big dot or standard dot? I'm in the process of testing for my local PD as a reserve. And would like to add night sights to my Glock 23 which if hired, would be my duty gun. My only worry is that with the big dot would qualifying be that much harder than with regular Trijicon sights or if the standard dot would be a better choice. Thanks in advance

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I tried big dots and didn't like them. I swapped them out for orange and green meprolight night sights.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #3

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the XS big dot on my glock 17, I love them. Their are a lot of videos on you tube you can watch about them. Very easy to be accurate with IMHO.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"

Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 112 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
I have the XS big dot on my glock 17, I love them. Their are a lot of videos on you tube you can watch about them. Very easy to be accurate with IMHO.
Ditto that. I shoot 1911 stuff and they all wear the XS Big Dots.

Oh, and so does my 870 - love 'em.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #5

Thanks for all the responses! I think I'm going to stick with traditional sights instead of trying to learn something new while I am already accustomed to traditional style.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #6

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7
Thanks for all the responses! I think I'm going to stick with traditional sights instead of trying to learn something new while I am already accustomed to traditional style.
Your making a mistake.

Shooting in a real firefight is all about the Front Sight.

The XS Big dot is easier to see when your adrenaline is pumping and your vision is narrowing .

Learn something new if it may save your life.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2130 Times on 1156 Posts
Likes Given: 770

I have had XS Big Dot on my S&W BG for 2 years. I highly recommend it. And I couldn't agree more with mudpupp. If you have to draw, you'll want to find that front sight as fast as possible. The XS Big Dot is perfect for it.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Got the big dot on my glock 30. It has replaced my TFO night sights. Way easier to pick up day or night. Not much you have to "learn" though...you really just put the big dot where the threat is and pull. You will hit anything close range with the dot you don't even have to worry about seeing the back sight if you don't want to. I've practiced that at the range a lot and the xs big dot doesn't fail a close encounter. If you are trying to use it for precision target shooting then I would look elsewhere as they are not meant for that

Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #9

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I have the big front dot ones on my Glock 32 and like them. It took a bit to get used to that big dot but it's very fast and accurate with practice which we all should be doing anyway.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #10

I've decided to put Truglo TFO on my Glock 23. And then put the XS Big Dot on my xdm compact, which is what I mostly carry. I like the option of having bright green dots during the day and at night, and the TFO provides me with that.