Winchester Bipod-Crooked
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Winchester Bipod-Crooked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Winchester Bipod-Crooked

While browsing through Wal-Mart the other day, I saw a Winchester bipod and thought of my .22 mag. $40 later, I brought it home. I soon mounted it on my .22 mag and looked through the scope. It was crooked. I took it off and re-mounted it. I got the same result. So earlier today as I got my .270 from the safe for tomorrow, I tried it on the .270 to see if it was right. It was. Can anybody help me as to what might be wrong with it when its on my .22 mag? If it helps it's a Marlin 925M and the bipod just mounts to the sling bracket.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #2

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
While browsing through Wal-Mart the other day, I saw a Winchester bipod and thought of my .22 mag. $40 later, I brought it home. I soon mounted it on my .22 mag and looked through the scope. It was crooked. I took it off and re-mounted it. I got the same result. So earlier today as I got my .270 from the safe for tomorrow, I tried it on the .270 to see if it was right. It was. Can anybody help me as to what might be wrong with it when its on my .22 mag? If it helps it's a Marlin 925M and the bipod just mounts to the sling bracket.
Sounds like the sling swivel is crooked.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Sling swivel mount is either off centered or the actual hole in the stud is not drilled center.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #4

So is there anything I can do to fix it?