Who else is impressed with SureFire?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Who else is impressed with SureFire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Who else is impressed with SureFire?

I've had a SureFire 6P for approx. 5 years. I've carried it with me every day on duty as a backup flashlight. I've been very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of this flashlight. I recently purchased one for my LEO girlfriend who currently doesn't have a backup flashlight. I bought her the G2 LED as well as the LED conv. for my 6P. Is anyone else here as happy with these lights as I am? I'm curious to know what everyone's opinion is of these products.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #2

i couldn't agree with you more about surefire. i'm surefire fanatic. i used surefire products in Iraq. i didn't spend my tour in the sandbox behind a desk. countless raids, search and attack missions, route clearance and just plain brutal abuse. now that i'm a cop i carry a surefire m-2 with LED conversion. it's cleared numerous rooms and dark corners and shines through the window tint in suspect vehicles. as a back-up i carry a surefire E-1L outdoorsman. i know, i know, i must sound like a commercial. i'll shut up!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:57 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have to be honest Chorst, I too have been very impressed with Surefire - but they are impressed themselves with their products and it reflects in their prices.

I would love to add their forend grip to my AR platform, M900A Frontgrip. That said, I can't justify spending close to $500 for a vertical foregrip because of the name on the unit.

I have recently bought a couple of lights from Inova, specifically the Inova T5. These lights are very well built and very bright, plus they aren't anywhere near the price of the Surefire lights.

As the topic was whether or not I was impressed with the Surefire, I am, but I am also looking for a good value that leaves me with the ability to have multiple lights for multiple occassions as opposed to one light to try and make fit into any situation.

JD

Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #4

Dillinger, I completely understand. I also wish they were less expensive. I used the Surefire forend AR light while attending SWAT school. It was easy to use and 100% reliable, but I had no idea they were that expensive. To be honest, I buy much less expensive LED lights ($15) for use in my trucks, but want only the very best for use at work. I'll look into the Inova lights, b/c I can't afford Surefires for all my flashlight needs. Unfortunately!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #5

Absolutely love surefire flashlights they are expensive but you get what you pay for them I think the best that money can buy you know that it will work each and everytime

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 06-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #6

I am also a fan of Surefire, I have several in my light collection, and I have been a customer since they come out with the first light in the summer of '88.
It was the magnificent Surefire 6 (not the 6P) made out of a block of aluminum (not a tube).

Here is a picture of the first Surefire 6, if anybody have one in great condition, it is worth about $260, today!

Cheers
Black Bear

Maker of the Borealis 1050 lumens
www.BlackBearFlashlights.com
E-mail admin@blackbearflashlights.com

Old 11-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

surefires are awsome my first was the e2e(executive elite 2) then i lost it in a hotel when i was down south then quickly bought the g2 nitrolon for my shotgun. then i saw her she was a tri-rail picitinney fore end for my moss 500, and hopefully ill be able to add to my collection a surefire m6 they look tremendous aswell as bright as the sun

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #8

I have other lights here, there, everywhere. But for my EDC, I was very impressed by the size, capability, reliability and price. I finally overcame the price when I read so many great reviews with little or no dissent. The E2D LED fits perfectly in my pocket in front of the LCP.

Howard
If it is go be, it is up to me!
Politically Incorrect Self Defense