Who is the best gun safe manufacturer?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Who is the best gun safe manufacturer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Who is the best gun safe manufacturer?

Who would you all say the best gun safe manufacturer is? I have been thinking about getting one, so I have been doing some reading. It seems like everyone says pay the extra for a Liberty safe. Are they really that good? I have no problem paying a bit extra up front. I would rather get a good quality one than have to buy a second one a couple years later, unless I have too many guns for it

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'd say Liberty, Fort Knox, Winchester, Bighorn, Browning and Rhino. Not in any order, but I bought a cheap Sentry beccause it was what I could afford.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #3

I have also purchased a Sentry as that is what I could afford.

I like the Gunvault safes just because of the nice entry mechanism. They mostly make quick access pistol safes (of which I have his and hers), but do have a couple of full size safes (somewhat hard to find - even on their site).

No idea on "best" safe. Check out gunsafes.com - they have a pretty wide selection.

Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #4

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Here's some info that you should consider when buying. It could get very expensive and most people find a compromise they can live with. Make sure you consider a good place to put where it can't be pried easily and anchor it appropriately. Good luck.

http://www.zykansafe.com/ratings.html

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 08-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
Here's some info that you should consider when buying. It could get very expensive and most people find a compromise they can live with. Make sure you consider a good place to put where it can't be pried easily and anchor it appropriately. Good luck.

http://www.zykansafe.com/ratings.html
Well, I should hope that with the thickness of the steel discussed there that those would be QUITE tough
Quote:
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #6

I guess I should have also mentioned that I move every couple of years because im in the military. So while I want something that is safe and secure, it still needs to be somewhat mobile.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #7

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGuy View Post
I guess I should have also mentioned that I move every couple of years because im in the military. So while I want something that is safe and secure, it still needs to be somewhat mobile.

Maybe search for a modular safe. There are a few mfgs. of them like Dakota, Snap Safe and Zanotti which is the cream of the crop. They won't have the fire ratings that a traditional safe would but they are secure and you can take them apart and move them easier.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 08-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGuy View Post
How many weapons do you have? The one I have is pretty light and fits all my guns because it is a 10 long gun safe so it is pretty small.

This one would seem to be pretty light at 234 lbs - electronic lock and 1/2 hour of fire protection.
Quote:

Old 08-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #9

I currently only have 5 firearms, none of which are really worthy of needing a safe. I am buying a couple rifles from WWII in excelent condition (don't have them yet) so I wanted a safe to be able to put them in along with my others.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #10

Since you don't like sentry, I would recommend this one:

Shop Rhino/ Bighorn Safes - Bighorn 12ECC Classic Gun Safe: 16 Gun Safe/ 30 Minute Fire #GS12ECC

Holds 16 long guns (they never hold what they say) - half hour fire protection. Only 250lbs. and Bighorn is a decent name brand.

Quote: