Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Where do you keep your shotgun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Right next to the bed...nuf said!

Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #22

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Check this out...

The-BackUp | The Bedside Gun Rack

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

Old 08-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Not bad I guess but laying up against the wall next to the bed is free...

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 10-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I keep my Mossberg Sidewinder conversion between bed and night stand. Loaded with 00 Buck and Flachettes that are alternated. This way I can expidite their trip to hell!!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #25

Mag tube loaded with 2 #7 bird shot, next to the bed. 00buck will do nothing for me but kill my neighbor if I have to deploy my shotgun. Living in an apartment, you don't have a huge choice for home defense ammo, unless you wanna destroy your neighbors flat screen

Old 10-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

In a rack on my wall in my bedroom, I have any of a few different handguns that will be on or next to me when I'm up and about.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #27

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Mine are unloaded, locked in the gun safe. I have little kids who are old enough to point and pull a trigger, but not old enough to understand what they're doing, or to take to a range and be able to safely control a firearm. (they're 5 and 3) another few years and they'll be ready though.

I can have the gun safe open in about 5 seconds, grab one of the pistols on top and a mag laying next to it, and have a loaded, ready weapon in hand in about 7 seconds total. Plus another few seconds to get to the safe. say within 10 seconds of waking up I can have a weapon ready.

Even if I had one loaded on the night stand, where I just need to grab it...I wouldn't want that. there's the few seconds of grogginess when you're waking up where the last thing I'd want is a weapon in my hands. you know, those few seconds where you're going "where am I? what's going on?" and your motor skills are still "waking up" as well.

Besides, with the alarm on the house, the average "bad guy" would probably run off as soon as they hear it. someone set on doing harm who will stick around isn't going to know the floorplan of the house, they're not going to be able to storm in like a swat team and find the bedroom before I can be ready. --not just 1 or 2 guys anyway. an entire team breeching the house could, simply because they can fan out as they enter...but I somehow doubt that seal team 6, or the local SWAT team, is going to barge into my house..and if they do the last thing I want to do is engage them!

If one guy enters the house that knows the floor plan, then it's probably someone that knows me and that I trust. if someone that I know and trust breaks in and bum-rushes my bedroom with the intent of hurting me...I have other problems, because I'd probably hesitate when I see them anyway, and be like "dude, what are you doing?"

Old 10-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5472 Times on 2859 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Mine stay in the safe. My wife has a hard time with the complicated manual of arms. I dont want her having to need one and grabbing a gun she doesnt understand. Its a work in progress.

We keep her dpms m4 clone panther 556 out and ready. She knows how to use it. I would prefer her using a shotgun but rather one she is comfy with than one she doesnt understand fully.

Its also why i went xdm and put my fullsize 1911s away for homedefense. Ill still ccw my 1911s come november but she knows how to use the xdm as she has one too. Its one she is comfy with and knows howto use. Mine is a 45 hers is 9mm but everything else is the same even the grip size is pretty close.

Our philosophy is train her up as much as possible but only keep out what she is most comfortable with for home defense.

I think the most important factor is having weapons available the least trained person is capable of using well because uncle murphy will ensure that ITS YOUR LIFE that will be on the line while a loved one is trying to figure out your way cool ninja gun!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 10-27-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcast View Post
I keep my Mossberg Sidewinder conversion between bed and night stand. Loaded with 00 Buck and Flachettes that are alternated. This way I can expidite their trip to hell!!
Fletchettes, really? Are they silver for the werewolves or what? I find those rounds interesting, but only in a novelty sense.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Flachettes

Actually, Flachettes will tear a person all to hell. French have used them for many years and they are truly deadly since when they enter a body, they slice open major organs and 99.9% of the time wound is fatal.

BTW, For the werewolves I use Hornady Zombie-Max .45's,,,LOL

Sad to say, but if you have to shoot a bad guy intruder, best to kill them!!