Where do you keep your shotgun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Where do you keep your shotgun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Where do you keep your shotgun?

i've got a mossberg 500 for home protection, i used to keep it in the closet all the time, but thats not really handy when i am in trouble.

tried keeping it under the bed, but didnt like keeping it there...

so i got a backup to keep it within arm's reach throughout the night. pretty easy to install and use...i love it...

what do you use? where do you keep your shotgun?

Last edited by user4; 04-28-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: no links to 3rd party sites, please

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I keep mine in the closet. Unloaded with a box of 00 buck on the shelf right above it. It would be loaded but I have kids in the house and my wife is not comfortable with that. Once the kids are gone in another decade or so, it will probably be leaning on the wall beside the bed loaded.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Mossy 500 persuader, loaded with 00 buck, breech locked ready to rock. Young boys in the house so all guns have to be under lock.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

No children, so my main one (Winchester 1200 Defender) is on the wall of my office/gun room. Loaded alternately with slugs and 00 buckshot.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Between the nightstand and the bed (my side) loaded and ready to go. Also keep a loaded pistol on the nightstand (Berrsa .380) wife has a loaded pistol on her nightstand as well.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 05-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

Currently locked in my safe... As is the 9mm I bought for home defense... Wife is more afraid of firearms than intruders... With that said, I have snuck the pistol into my night stand many a time... I also have two fairly intimidating dogs to alert me early and a bunch of blades at my readied disposal...

Old 05-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have my Glock 17 loaded on top of my night stand within arms reach at all times, all I have to do is reach out, grab it, and pull the trigger. My shotgun is between the night stand and bed loaded with 00 buckshot, also ready to pick up, push the safety off and pull the trigger.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Gee, I must be the oddball here. Mine is under the mattress between the mattress and box springs. Mossberg Maverick 88, 20” slug barrel and a pistol grip kept in cruiser ready. For y’all that don’t know what cruiser ready is I’ll tell ya.

o Check chamber to maker sure is empty, check magazine make sure is empty, check chamber again and physically finger chamber to make sure it’s empty.

o Close breach

o Push safety off

o Point in a safe direction and pull trigger

o Roll shotgun over and load magazine with desired rounds

Shotgun is now cruiser ready; when you need to shoot all you need to do is rack a round and pull the trigger.

Scubie

Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Cheap over and under which is kept under my bed. Turkey loads (#4's) and #00 buck are on my bed stand ready for the shotgun.

I also have a Colt.45 ACP and S&W M&P Pro 40 readily available.

My first line of defense is my dog.

And I have no children in the house so no worries keeping the weapons unlocked.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I keep a Mossy 500 pump/w pistol grip and fold out stock, loaded in a slide out compartment, right behind the headboard of our bed. Undetectable, very easy access and very quiet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”