Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Where do you keep your shotgun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/where-do-you-keep-your-shotgun-41842/)

heleveeta 04-27-2011 11:51 PM

Where do you keep your shotgun?

i've got a mossberg 500 for home protection, i used to keep it in the closet all the time, but thats not really handy when i am in trouble.

tried keeping it under the bed, but didnt like keeping it there...

so i got a backup to keep it within arm's reach throughout the night. pretty easy to install and use...i love it...

what do you use? where do you keep your shotgun?

aandabooks 04-28-2011 02:12 AM

I keep mine in the closet. Unloaded with a box of 00 buck on the shelf right above it. It would be loaded but I have kids in the house and my wife is not comfortable with that. Once the kids are gone in another decade or so, it will probably be leaning on the wall beside the bed loaded.

doctherock 04-28-2011 05:15 AM

Mossy 500 persuader, loaded with 00 buck, breech locked ready to rock. Young boys in the house so all guns have to be under lock.

OzarkRecluse 04-28-2011 03:17 PM

No children, so my main one (Winchester 1200 Defender) is on the wall of my office/gun room. Loaded alternately with slugs and 00 buckshot.

TheOldMan 05-03-2011 02:52 PM

Between the nightstand and the bed (my side) loaded and ready to go. Also keep a loaded pistol on the nightstand (Berrsa .380) wife has a loaded pistol on her nightstand as well.

Werminator 05-23-2011 03:05 PM

Currently locked in my safe... As is the 9mm I bought for home defense... Wife is more afraid of firearms than intruders... With that said, I have snuck the pistol into my night stand many a time... I also have two fairly intimidating dogs to alert me early and a bunch of blades at my readied disposal...

USMC-03 05-23-2011 11:18 PM

I have my Glock 17 loaded on top of my night stand within arms reach at all times, all I have to do is reach out, grab it, and pull the trigger. My shotgun is between the night stand and bed loaded with 00 buckshot, also ready to pick up, push the safety off and pull the trigger.

Dzscubie 05-24-2011 12:26 AM

Gee, I must be the oddball here. Mine is under the mattress between the mattress and box springs. Mossberg Maverick 88, 20Ē slug barrel and a pistol grip kept in cruiser ready. For yíall that donít know what cruiser ready is Iíll tell ya.

o Check chamber to maker sure is empty, check magazine make sure is empty, check chamber again and physically finger chamber to make sure itís empty.

o Close breach

o Push safety off

o Point in a safe direction and pull trigger

o Roll shotgun over and load magazine with desired rounds

Shotgun is now cruiser ready; when you need to shoot all you need to do is rack a round and pull the trigger.

Scubie

buckfynn 05-26-2011 08:15 AM

Cheap over and under which is kept under my bed. Turkey loads (#4's) and #00 buck are on my bed stand ready for the shotgun.

I also have a Colt.45 ACP and S&W M&P Pro 40 readily available.

My first line of defense is my dog.

And I have no children in the house so no worries keeping the weapons unlocked.

IGETEVEN 05-26-2011 01:30 PM

I keep a Mossy 500 pump/w pistol grip and fold out stock, loaded in a slide out compartment, right behind the headboard of our bed. Undetectable, very easy access and very quiet. :cool: