Where can I get a shotgun pistol grip that DOES NOT come down at 90 degrees?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

Where can I get a shotgun pistol grip that DOES NOT come down at 90 degrees?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Where can I get a shotgun pistol grip that DOES NOT come down at 90 degrees?

My Mossberg 500 came with a pistol grip to attach, and I tried shooting it and long story short it's uncomfortable to me. I want a pistol grip that's shaped like the stock grip but without the stock, know what I mean?

Like picture the stock grip in your mind, the handle curves downward a bit, then the stock comes out. I want that, without the stock. Know what I mean? It's just a lot more comfortable and it feels more balanced to me, I just can't find them anywhere. What are they called?

If no one sells them, could I just get another stock grip and saw off the stock myself? I could, but the screw bolt would stick out... help, thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Take a look at a pachmayr grip. It's shaped like a revolver grip. That's the closest I can think of to what you're looking for.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Jesus christ.....

the carpenters son.... Make your own......Or modify something you see in one stock and want in the other as you stated.....Draw a picture of what you want and post it... and work it from there.....

Old 09-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Take a look at a pachmayr grip. It's shaped like a revolver grip. That's the closest I can think of to what you're looking for.
Thanks, that's not exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
the carpenters son.... Make your own......Or modify something you see in one stock and want in the other as you stated.....Draw a picture of what you want and post it... and work it from there.....
Alright, you wanted a picture, here it is. I photoshopped a picture I took of my gun with the stock.

http://megaflash.weebly.com/uploads/3/2/0/7/320787/untitled-1.jpg

That's what I'm looking for. If I can't buy one anywhere, I'd be more than happy to purchase another stock grip and saw it down, but won't the bolt screw stick out?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Have you seen the Hogue Tamer. It's overmolded with a soft, tacky, rubber. It has slightly more angle than a stock grip.

Where can I get a shotgun pistol grip that DOES NOT come down at 90 degrees? - Firearm Accessories & Gear

Old 09-10-2011, 04:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
Have you seen the Hogue Tamer. It's overmolded with a soft, tacky, rubber. It has slightly more angle than a stock grip.

Where can I get a shotgun pistol grip that DOES NOT come down at 90 degrees? - Firearm Accessories & Gear
I've seen those, thanks for the reply, but what I'm looking for is a straight-forward stock grip that's been sawed off so it's only a handle - manufactured that way.

I'm pretty sure they don't exist, and I'd have to do it myself. :/