Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > What's In your range Box/Bag??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3002 Times on 2041 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Default What's In your range Box/Bag??

I recently bought one of MTM-Case Gard's outstanding Sportsmen's Dry utility boxes, while also picking up some of their bullet boxes & a Gun Vise/cleaning rest. So what does everyone pack in their Range Boxes/Bags for a ay at the range??

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I pack 2 sets of eyes, two sets of ears, couple of sets of ear plugs (always have backup or for new friends), two pens (to log distance & bullet description), very small binoculars, targets, sight adjustment tools, a bore snake, ammo and/or spare mags, a cloth to wipe things down. All of these things are what I personally have in my range bag. I know it's overkill but I was always taught two is one and one is none. I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing what others have in theirs.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20935 Times on 11893 Posts
Likes Given: 52498

as i have a 100 yard range right in the backyard and my storage building right there is where i keep all my reloading and shooting items, i don't have a range bag persay.

but if i were going to different place to shoot other than here at home, i would thnk that there were some essential items that should be taken.

1. shooting glasses, clear and smoked.
2. hearing protection of some type.
3. cleaning brushes and rod, or a boresnake.
4. a few tools for minor repairs, dependent upon the firearm.
5. bore solvent, grease and gun oil.
6. stapler or tape for securing targets.
7. magic marker for making notes on targets.
8. notebook for making notes about misc. things, or load data record book if working up loads.
9. firearm specific accessories, such as mags, chokes, ect.....
10. shooting gloves.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #4

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I recently bought one of MTM-Case Gard's outstanding Sportsmen's Dry utility boxes, while also picking up some of their bullet boxes & a Gun Vise/cleaning rest. So what does everyone pack in their Range Boxes/Bags for a ay at the range??
A small tool kit, a cleaning kit, extra targets,

a large bag for used brass, safety gear, rags.

A scope and tripods.

Last edited by therewolf; 06-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Way too much!!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Nun

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Try to keep it simple. I went threw that stage where I thought I needed 5 of everything. The more stuff I lugged to the range the more frustrated I got.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #7

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

I wish i could just have one box. I use a range box for stapler, staples, lube, cleaner, small tools- always screwdrivers. I also have big mouth bags. One for ammo- rifle, one for patches and cleaning kit. Usually have a big mouth with pistol, its ammo, Blackhawk holster. I usually have another bag wit special tools that i need every other trip. I fix other peoples problems at least every 2-3 trips cause they did not bring anything. Since I started as a 4H rifle instructor it has been less frustrating to fix problems at the range quickly and not waste a range day. Have you ever got to the range and forgot ammo?

Old 06-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 649

Quote:
Well let's see....

A handful of ear plugs
My ear muffs
Glasses
Gloves... If its cold
Firearm
Ammo
Mags
Stapler
Staples
Targets... Lots of target
Pens and markers
Notebook.... Sometimes
Speed loader
Multi-tool
Spotting scope.... If shooting rifles
Camera

That's all I can think of at the moment
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3002 Times on 2041 Posts
Likes Given: 632

These are all great answers! & HK YES I have once forgotten to bring some ammo according to my wife, who couldn't find the 150 rounds I put in her Blackhawk bag for the Browning .22. so I go out to the front counter and buy 200 more, and we wind up bringing home 250 rds. when we came there with 300!

I was hoping to "cut" back a bit, but I see whats needed and what is not..

This week we took 7 guns to the range, But MY DW only shot her .22 and a new friend's(who we met at the range Yesterday) Sig .380. I shot both her Ruger SP 101 and the one I gave her that was my Dad's service gun(Security Six with a 5" Bull Barrel), Plus my Mossberg .22, the 2 Ruger .9's, and my Kel-Tec .22 Magnum carbine. our pal Lyle also shot his .45's, his J-frame .38, and some time with our guns. We also helped an older couple with the Wife's .22 Sig pistol and husband's Walther PK .380...

We had 3 Bags with 2 Guns each, plus the rifle case, and in the Box: Ammo(aside from pre-loaded mags) small piecemeal cleaning kit: breakfree-clp, Remington Oil wipes(6) some patches, an Allen wrench, a Leatherman Multi-tool, some jewelers screwdrivers, a small compressed air can. and a small penlight. Still trying to figure out if we should bring a shooting rest or not.
It's been years since I shot Revolvers on a steady basis, but I did surprisingly better then expected....Might have had something to do with wearing my regular glasses under my tinted range glasses...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*