Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Whats in your range bag? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/whats-your-range-bag-86532/)

SmokyMtnHiker 03-14-2013 03:53 PM

What is in your range bag?! Lets compare and contrast and if needed the reasons you have it if is unorthodox. Specify pistol or rifle!

vincent 03-14-2013 04:11 PM

Both pistol and rifle...

The usual suspects, gun, ammo, holsters, eyes x2, ears x2...

Unorthodox? Depends who you ask...Binocular, hand tools, screwdriver, allen set, multi tool, pen, pad, first aid kit, camera, wrist wraps, gloves, batteries, flashlight, scope dial charts, gum, speed loaders, speed strips, stiripper clips, cleaning patches and a small bottle of Hoppe's...

I think I need a bigger bag...:p

SmokyMtnHiker 03-14-2013 04:58 PM

@vincent sounds like you may need a bigger bag lol

By un-orthodox I mean some thing that would not traditionally be kept in said bag but found to be useful.

vincent 03-14-2013 05:02 PM

You mean like a condom? :p

What? That can be pretty useful!! :D

You know, for making balloon animals...;)

SmokyMtnHiker 03-14-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 1175837)
You mean like a condom? :p

What? That can be pretty useful!! :D

You know, for making balloon animals...;)

Touche! Lol

I tell ya, if you find a gal that gets all hot and bothered durning or after shooting lol better keep her around awhile

treehugger49 03-14-2013 10:01 PM

I would add to vincent's list a range finder....the laser kind - not the "where's the range" type. I've got a Nuvi for that.

Water bottle, too.

Jericho1911u22 03-14-2013 10:43 PM

zip lock bag for putting brass in, amazon box (you know the small boxes they send when you order something from amazon) I find them to be the perfect size to put ammo in. That is probably as far as unorthodox goes.

Other than that a 1911, baby eagle, u22 neos, package of ear plugs, muff style ear protection, 2 pairs of shooting glasses, .22LR ammo, 9mm ammo, .45ACP ammo. a Winchester target stand which sucks by the way.

And next time I go shooting it will probably have 7.62x54R ammo in it. But the mosin won't fit.

rhyno13 03-14-2013 10:52 PM

Nothing right now. Most of the time there is at least 1 box of ammo for every gun I plan on bringing to the range that day, two ea. hearing and eye protection, small tool kit, small cleaning kit, oil, and clean rags.

1911love 03-19-2013 03:33 AM

Don't forget staple gun/staples, t shirts for range mats, paper plates and a sharpie if you run out of targets, zip lock bags, log book and pens, duct tape.

WitheringRose 03-19-2013 03:56 AM

Same stuff. 5 Pink glock 17 mags, ammo, eyes, ears, tac gloves, etc.
Since the gun I shoot with isn't my own, I don't have that in my bag.

The unorthodox stuff: hand lotion (hands get dry after shooting), subway giftcard (gotta eat), air horn (I don't know why I have that).