Whats your EDC set up?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Whats your EDC set up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Whats your EDC set up?

What's up guys? Haven't posted in a while and wanted to get some input from you veteran FTF bloggers and even the n00bs like myself. What do you guys have in your Every day carry rig? I'll start.

-Springfield XD .40 service model in a concealment solutions Black Mamba IWB holster.
-2 mags (24 rounds) of hornady TAP
-Gerber multi tool
-kershaw volt II folder
-smith and wesson extreme ops folder (back up knife)
-stream light polytac led flashlight

Let's see what you got!

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #2

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Smith model 65-2 4"barrel in a don hume JIT slide holster. Prints like the government prints worthless money. I don't care. I don't carry reloads, because I haven't invested in any speed loaders or pouches to carry them. Only part of the reason being, because I intend to get a 1911 in about a month and a half, and if I do the smith will probably be used mostly for range duty. The other part being because I just really don't think I would need reloads. How often do chicken $H!T coward criminals run as soon as shots are fired in their direction? I've seen and heard of very few that actually stand and fight, and I'm (maybe stupidly) kind of inadvertently counting on that one wild variable. Kind of a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of thing.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

currently i take my wallet cellphone car/truck keys. in addition to that i take my work ID and work keys when im working. when im not working i carry my colt new agent in a galco iwb holster and one spare 7 round mag loaded with 230grn fmj the gun itself holds 230 grain awc HP.

if i end up with a xdm 45acp 3.8 it will replace my new agent.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

What about everyone's "extras"? anyone carry lights, folders, multi tools, etc? That's just as important. After all our pistols are just survival tools. We need other tools to supplement that.

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Old 12-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Lights? I rarely go out at night, I'm of the opinion that nothing good happens after dark. If I'm out, I'm in will lit areas. I keep a 4D mag next to the bed at home.

Folder? I've always got a knife, usually more than one, and almost always one of them is a fixed blade.

Multi tool? I'm never far from home or truck, and both are well stocked with tools.

I'm not a very tacticool person. I personally don't subscribe to the school of carry everything but the kitchen sink. I don't knock those that do, and I understand the utility of lights and multi tools, but if I need to fix something, it can wait until morning.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:21 AM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

CW9/LCP
Kershaw Clash
Streamlight PT1L

I mostly just carry the light in the winter months because its still dark when I get to work and I sometimes don't get to go home 'till after sunset.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.