Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > What are the most important/coolest accessories for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What are the most important/coolest accessories for you?

Hi,

I'm a new here, and I have bought several guns (Colt 1911, MP5, Ak 47). I would like to know what type of accessories you are interested in when you buy a weapon.

I know that for some people H&K is so great that they would buy lots of accessories such as t-shirts, decals, which are not important for you weapon or don't even enhance it. What makes you buy those accessories? The attractiveness of the environment created by the weapon manufacturer?

Thank you for you time guys!

A.J

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Dont want to come off wrong here, but, have you been by the introductions section yet to tell us all a bit about yourself?

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #3

No sorry, missed it. I'm going to do it right now.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

To answer the question i will say, what makes nascar fans, for, chevy, mopar and all other fans but things that don't enhance their performance? The love of the manufacturer and bragging rights.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #5

hk??

plastic pos guns that they dont want to sell to you?

ill pass, thank you.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:28 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8449 Times on 3666 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Guess I am the odd man out- I do not buy wearing apparel that has someone else's name on it. Or brand. Firearm accesories are not a fashion statement- they are things like spare magazines, Hogue grips, upgraded sights, the coffee cup holder on the belt fed MG (keeps coffee warm) or a suppressor. For a rifle it may be a bayonet, sling, muzzle cover, original oiler, etc. My T shirts usually say things like ARMY. Altho I used to have one that said "After 5 days, return to US Army Depot, Ft Benning GA"

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 04-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

A scantily clad hot babe by my side as I'm shooting?

9x18=Makarov

Old 04-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #8

Thank you for your answers, actually this might be the subject of a work I'll have to handle in my university.

Concerning weapon business including, guns, accessories, the environment created by weapons manufacturers, events they organize, etc....

Should be very interesting =)

Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My picks are magazines and quality holsters. Improvements for me are grips and sights. If I find a firearm worthy, then there may be modifications such as trigger jobs etc.

I'd much rather have lots of ammunition than a bunch of "stuff". Ammo is much more practical.

I don't wear tactical or name brand clothing. I do have a couple of sets of cammies, but they just hang in the closet. If I ever have to break them out, things have gone to Hell.

My attitude and mindset are the most important "accessories" that I bring to the table.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
My picks are magazines and quality holsters. Improvements for me are grips and sights.
+1

I feel the same. I usually don't wear brand clothing such as from Beretta or Kimber, I'd much rather spend my money on quality holsters and magazines for my pistols. I wouldn't classify a trigger upgrade as an "accessory."

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!