||11-23-2010 04:24 PM
What To Look For In A Range Bag.....
Have started the process of returning to the target shooting sport after a long break (30 + years). Just took delivery of a Kimber 45. Looking to get a range bag. Been looking around on the internet....lots to choose from. Both the wife and myself are going to be going to the range together. I will eventually need something that will hold up to 4 handguns. Saw the review on the Tac Force bag on this forum. Sounds very nice. Been looking at the CED Deluxe Bag also. Was wondering what one should look for in a range bag. Things that make certain range bags better then others. Thanks
an "older" sort of newbie
||11-23-2010 04:29 PM
This is the one I have...
Range Bag - LaRue Tactical Pro Shooters
...and I love it! Lots of compartments. Separate removable sleeves for handguns and magazines. Removable brass bag. Good, strong hardware. Cool LaRue logo.
||11-23-2010 05:41 PM
I have searched high and low for that perfect range bag and wish I had all the cash I've spent in this pursuit!
I've tried them all from my leather Colt bag to the ballistic nylon Blackhawk stuff.
Here's what I found;
- Don't go for pretty!
- Do go for high utility.
- Price is not a condition of utility or quality.
- Camouflage range bags are a source of endless jokes.
- Pink camouflage range bags can result in you dropping shooting as a sport! (Unless you're my daughter!)
- Listen to others suggestions or follow them in their mistakes.....or at minimum, the unnecessary waste of cash.
Technical Information: What I look for in a Competition Range Bag
- Overall Dimensions: 22"L x 15"W x 10"H
- 9 Total pockets: 7 on main bag - 2 on removable stage bag/ammunition carrier
- 14 Total magazine pouches 1-1/2"L x 4-1/2"H 8 in rear compartment - 6 in stage bag/ammunition carrier
- Fired brass carrying bag 5" Diameter 6"H with cinch top, reinforced mesh bottom and chrome plated steel clasps
- Heavy duty 2"W x 52"L removable carrying strap with shoulder pad and chrome plated steel clasps
- Full wrap around carrying straps with 5" strap connector/handle with hook and loop closure
- External ID pocket
- 2 Non-slip stabilizing pads 2" x 5" on bottom of bag
- Main compartment 17"L x 10"W x 10"H
- 2 removable padded pistol rugs with zippers 8-1/2"H x 12"W fit most large frame semi-auto pistols and revolvers with barrels up to 6"
- Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier with carrying handles for portability 15"L x 5"W x7-1/2"H
- Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier features:
- 2 Padded zippered pockets 7-1/2"H x 15"L
- 2 Padded moveable hook and loop equiped compartment walls
- 2 Chrome plated steel D-rings for quick attachment of the carry strap
- Full wrap-around nylon handles
- Front compartments - 2 Padded zippered pockets 8"L x 2"W x 8"H
- Right side compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 8"H with 5 internal elastic accessory holders 1-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H
- Left side compartments - 1 Padded zippered pocket 4"L x 2"W x 8"H and 1 padded beverage holder with drain hole
- Rear compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 16"W which features:
- 8 magazine pouches
- Internal padded pocket 8"L by 15-1/2"W
- 12 various sized internal elastic accessory holders designed to hold brushes, jags etc for calibers from 50 down to 17
If you agree with my range bag criteria I can save you a lot of time and money:
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA
All you need to do is pick the color you want and if you do it before 11/30 it's on sale for $39.99!
Need more info to convince you? Read the customer feed-back.
i would so be there for a high quality pink camo rucksack for a rang bag. i just have a military surplus circa early 90's camo ruck. its good enough to carry the ammo a few screwdrivers and a basic cleaning kit, i also carry a couple of water bottles in it. i like multi purpose stuff. my ruck also serves my needs for hunting and as an emergency survival bag when im fishing.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 PM.
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.