Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (
-   -   what kind of rifle sling is this - 2 point? 3 point? (

lowead 10-17-2008 01:22 PM

what kind of rifle sling is this - 2 point? 3 point?
2 Attachment(s)
Hello To everyone!

how many points does the rifle sling in the photos (same one in both photos)? 2 Points? 3 Points?

I don't understadn what is a 2 point or the 3 point in the rifle sling descriptions is at all. what on earth is the point? Is it the number of attachements to the rifle??

wait eagerly for your response.


ScottG 10-17-2008 07:16 PM

Appears to be a three point sling as it attaches to the body. A three point sling would have a loop, as shown in the picture, that wraps around the body of the shooter to keep the weapon secured. Then the two points are attached to the front and rear of the weapon.

notdku 10-17-2008 08:33 PM

Who sells that sling?

KellyTTE 10-17-2008 10:02 PM

Thats a three point. If you're versed in the MP5 manual of arms, the 3 point makes a lotta sense. So an AR type rifle, I'd look at a 2 point from a reputable designer, like Larry Vickers. Single point slings are great if you're in and out of a vehicle or clearing rooms a lot, but a good 2 point is a great compromise for most people.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.