Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Wallet holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Wallet holster

Can anyone tell me where I could find one of these wallet holsters? I've searched the Internet high and low with no luck.

image-969412776.jpg

image-4122843393.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #2

Check Sneaky Pete

Old 06-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #3

sneakypeteholsters

Old 06-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztkolb
Can anyone tell me where I could find one of these wallet holsters? I've searched the Internet high and low with no luck.
THAT is not a wallet holster. It is made by Sneaky Pete Holsters and it is technically an OWB that hangs on your belt. An example of a wallet holster would be something similar to what he talks about in the below video:

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #5

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Yeah,
Using that holster with the flap covering the gun - inside your pocket would make access to the gun very difficult. When you needed you gun you'd have to take the thing out of your pocket and open it up ...
Not good.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you for responding, I guess that's why I couldn't find it o the Internet searching under wallet holster. I currently have a wallet holster from www.holsterpro.net but am running into problems with my pockets being too short and the firearm sticking out a little. With the slide showing on these holsters that's a problem. However I see the problem with trying to draw from your pocket with a Sneaky Pete. I like the idea of it clipping on your belt to look like a cell phone case though, I think I'll have to try one out

Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #7

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztkolb
I currently have a wallet holster from www.holsterpro.net but am running into problems with my pockets being too short and the firearm sticking out a little.
Actually, you have another problem. ATF classifies guns in "wallet holsters" which have trigger holes allowing them to be fired while in the holster as an "Any Other Weapon" and require a tax stamp to posses them.

Note this only applies to such holsters with the gun in them so manufactures are free to make and sell the empty holsters.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/identification-of-nfa-firearms.html

Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I have a letter from the ATF stating wallet holsters are legal, so long as the top of the slide is exposed so you can clearly tell it is a firearm. So the one I have is legal to carry.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8374 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Gents- you are both correct. A holster that conceals the appearance of a firearm, AND permits the gun to be fired while still concealed is an NFA Any Other Weapon.

An example made a few years back look like a wallet, with a round hole cut in one side. Wrapped completely around a Hi Standard 22 Magnum derringer- and allowed you to fire it by sticking your finger into the hole. while pistol was still wrapped up in holster.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #10

Liked 1081 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Pockets are great for pocket change, or pocket knives, or pocket lint, but there are better ways to carry defensive firearms.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan