Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Vehicle mounted gun safe? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/vehicle-mounted-gun-safe-46099/)

HighSpeed 08-01-2011 03:50 PM

Vehicle mounted gun safe?
 
Has anyone done this? I'd like to bolt a small safe under the seat for a pistol. I have a good friend (he's actually our rangemaster) who always has at least one rifle in the back seat of his pickup. While I like his mindset, I wouldn't want my truck getting broken into and having my rife loose in the hands of a scumbag.

So I guess I'm also looking for creative ideas to keep a rifle locked in my truck. Maybe I should just get one of those sig 556 pistols and find a way to secure it.

TekGreg 08-05-2011 06:20 AM

Highspeed, tell me if this is what you're thinking of, or if you had something else in mind: Truck gun safe

armsmaster270 08-05-2011 07:11 AM

I would rather have a well mounted Steel Safe than a hiding place. That is what SWAT does with their full auto weapons in their SUV's.

robocop10mm 08-05-2011 10:29 AM

Check with Santacruzgunlocks.com They make a simple, but effective long gun lock that is easily bolted in the vehicle. It will not be out of sight but it will be secure.

HighSpeed 08-06-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekGreg (Post 556370)
Highspeed, tell me if this is what you're thinking of, or if you had something else in mind: Truck gun safe

That's pretty cool, but does it lock in some way?

jjfuller1 08-06-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekGreg (Post 556370)
Highspeed, tell me if this is what you're thinking of, or if you had something else in mind: Truck gun safe

thats neat but if it was mine i would make some upgrades, say make a steel box w/lid to bolt to truck and just us that plastic as a sort of insert

TekGreg 08-06-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighSpeed (Post 557010)
That's pretty cool, but does it lock in some way?

Took a little searching, but here it is! Lock kit

TekGreg 08-06-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 557038)
thats neat but if it was mine i would make some upgrades, say make a steel box w/lid to bolt to truck and just us that plastic as a sort of insert

Well, here are some all-steel options. I know the second one isn't what you are looking for, but I posted it for others that may be looking for a larger, locked storage option.

Console Vault

truck vault I found out later these start at $1485.

Mountable Safe

Low-Profile Safe This is a Police supply company and has many in-car storage solutions. Check this site out for sure!

Hideaway Safes

There are others, but they are selling the same types of products as these companies and a lot of these are either the manufacturers or large distributors with good prices. I hope this gets you closer!

FAS1 08-07-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighSpeed (Post 553968)
Has anyone done this? I'd like to bolt a small safe under the seat for a pistol. I have a good friend (he's actually our rangemaster) who always has at least one rifle in the back seat of his pickup. While I like his mindset, I wouldn't want my truck getting broken into and having my rife loose in the hands of a scumbag.

How much room do you have under your seat? TekGreg mentioned quite a few options as well if you have the space. This one can be mounted horizontally as well and it's 3/16" steel with a Simplex lock. Your gun is holstered and it presents it to you once you enter the combination. With this style lock you don't need to see it, just feel the buttons and push the correct ones. Very easy, reliable a fast even in the dark.


FAS1 08-07-2011 03:32 PM

In my Explorer I don't have room under the seat so I have it mounted behind the console. I can access it quickly from the drivers seat.

http://fas1safe.com/images/124215830...659133886.jpeg


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.