Used Pistol Holsters
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Used Pistol Holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Used Pistol Holsters

OK, so I'm cheap! I buy used cars to avoid the driving-out-of-the-showroom depreciation. I like to buy used holsters. If you don't like what you bought, you're not out a lot of cash. And most gun owners take good care of their equipment so the used holsters tend to be in good condition.

But how do you determine whether your sidearm will fit a particular holster? Some of the auctions provide measurements that seem useless (a two-dimentional measure in a three-dimentional world. Many sites provide brand and model number and direct you to the manufacturer's web site to determine what guns fit their holster. I think because these models are not in production, they are not carried on the web site. Many of the manufacturers' web sites allow you to plug in your sidearm and give you their holsters that could be used with your sidearm. But no reverse approach, holster to sidearm. Is there a master or partial holster fit reference chart out there?

34sail

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Just Like Lovemaking, some things thier are not a chart for?

Hello

I know ahat your trying to do and it's a Noble attempt, but inthe end, Just Like lovemaking, some things ya just have to try and see whats works best for ya? Yes, you can break it down all Scientific, in the end, what Feels right and works best you will not Know till ya strap that puppy on! I have been in a Legal carry status for more than 30 years and 4 More before that, Take it from me, Try it, YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE IT!

RON - SERE SURPLUS

Old 08-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #3

Default Used Holsters

Try gunbroker.com. I have bought several at a fraction of the cost of a new one. They will have them labeled with the model numbers. All you have to do is type in the model and it will bring up everything related to that particular model for sale

"Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war"