Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Unboxing World War II Militaria and Collectibles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Unboxing World War II Militaria and Collectibles

I wasn't sure where to share this video, but I thought you guys might enjoy watching me unbox a fairly good collection of World War II gear and other WW2 stuff. I picked this box of stuff up on ebay, and I've priced each item out as best I can and let's just say I definitely got my money's worth on this haul. I thought it would be fun to open it up and take it out on camera and just discover what is in it. I have no idea what a few of the things are, if any of you do, please let me know.

Here's the video:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3636

Pretty cool video.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8445 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Where to start? Well, you have memorabilia from several persons there, obviously.

The Adjutant and Court Martial manual- the Adjutant is a member of the Commander's staff- now known as the S-1. He is the Human Resources guru- which WOULD include military justice issues.

Photos of the tanks- DUDE- Hold them STILL! However, those are not Shermans. Sherman has a 75mm main gun with no muzzle brake. MIGHT be a Pershing or it's replacement, the Patton. BOO gunner MAY be BOW gunner. Bow as in the front machine gun in the hull.

Spaghetti mass of strap- those are the carrying straps for the sleeping bag. Goes around the rolled bag in two spots, allow you to attach the rolled bag to your harness/pack/suspenders.

First Aid kit- do not open. As emphemera, (stuff that gets used up) it has moderate value UNOPENED to a WW2 re-enactor.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #4

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Awesome stuff!!

I love collecting the WWII/Korea stuff too.. My gramps served in Korea..

I do still like to use all my stuff, funny its 60+ years old, been though wars and is still better quality than stuff made today!!

Heres a pic of some of my stuff...

107_5806-640x480-.jpg  

Old 05-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Awesome stuff!!

I love collecting the WWII/Korea stuff too.. My gramps served in Korea..

I do still like to use all my stuff, funny its 60+ years old, been though wars and is still better quality than stuff made today!!

Heres a pic of some of my stuff...
You a re-enactor too?

I've been working on getting all my gear lately, I'm short a few things and haven't had the cash to purchase them yet.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #6

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Where to start? Well, you have memorabilia from several persons there, obviously.

The Adjutant and Court Martial manual- the Adjutant is a member of the Commander's staff- now known as the S-1. He is the Human Resources guru- which WOULD include military justice issues.

Photos of the tanks- DUDE- Hold them STILL! However, those are not Shermans. Sherman has a 75mm main gun with no muzzle brake. MIGHT be a Pershing or it's replacement, the Patton. BOO gunner MAY be BOW gunner. Bow as in the front machine gun in the hull.

Spaghetti mass of strap- those are the carrying straps for the sleeping bag. Goes around the rolled bag in two spots, allow you to attach the rolled bag to your harness/pack/suspenders.

First Aid kit- do not open. As emphemera, (stuff that gets used up) it has moderate value UNOPENED to a WW2 re-enactor.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
I wasn't sure where to share this video, but I thought you guys might enjoy watching me unbox a fairly good collection of World War II gear and other WW2 stuff. I picked this box of stuff up on ebay, and I've priced each item out as best I can and let's just say I definitely got my money's worth on this haul. I thought it would be fun to open it up and take it out on camera and just discover what is in it. I have no idea what a few of the things are, if any of you do, please let me know.
I think, just to heighten one's appreciation a thousand-fold, a good reading of Laura Hillenbran's "Unbroken" - a saga of WW2 survivor in Japanese POW camps- would endear one to the sacrifice and committment of the soldiers then. I didn't give the credit they deserved due perhaps to many Errol Flynn Warner Bros movies about WW2, until I read the book. My God! I salute these guys (as a Vietnam vet myself) with undying respect and gratitude.
unbroken.jpg  

Old 05-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #8

Amen, brother. Amen.

And, sir, let me thank you for your service to our country.

Memory eternal.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #9

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
You a re-enactor too?

I've been working on getting all my gear lately, I'm short a few things and haven't had the cash to purchase them yet.
Nope, just like the gear... Not all of its correct, its the right era, but different countrys... The monocular is Swedish, and the poncho is a Russian Plasch Palatka..