Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Unboxing World War II Militaria and Collectibles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/unboxing-world-war-ii-militaria-collectibles-64841/)

Amsdorf 05-20-2012 02:06 PM

Unboxing World War II Militaria and Collectibles

I wasn't sure where to share this video, but I thought you guys might enjoy watching me unbox a fairly good collection of World War II gear and other WW2 stuff. I picked this box of stuff up on ebay, and I've priced each item out as best I can and let's just say I definitely got my money's worth on this haul. I thought it would be fun to open it up and take it out on camera and just discover what is in it. I have no idea what a few of the things are, if any of you do, please let me know.

Here's the video:

towboater 05-20-2012 02:18 PM

Pretty cool video.

c3shooter 05-20-2012 08:10 PM

Where to start? Well, you have memorabilia from several persons there, obviously.

The Adjutant and Court Martial manual- the Adjutant is a member of the Commander's staff- now known as the S-1. He is the Human Resources guru- which WOULD include military justice issues.

Photos of the tanks- DUDE- Hold them STILL! However, those are not Shermans. Sherman has a 75mm main gun with no muzzle brake. MIGHT be a Pershing or it's replacement, the Patton. BOO gunner MAY be BOW gunner. Bow as in the front machine gun in the hull.

Spaghetti mass of strap- those are the carrying straps for the sleeping bag. Goes around the rolled bag in two spots, allow you to attach the rolled bag to your harness/pack/suspenders.

First Aid kit- do not open. As emphemera, (stuff that gets used up) it has moderate value UNOPENED to a WW2 re-enactor.

Trez 05-20-2012 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome stuff!!

I love collecting the WWII/Korea stuff too.. My gramps served in Korea..

I do still like to use all my stuff, funny its 60+ years old, been though wars and is still better quality than stuff made today!! :)

Heres a pic of some of my stuff...

sputnik1988 05-20-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trez (Post 808785)
Awesome stuff!!

I love collecting the WWII/Korea stuff too.. My gramps served in Korea..

I do still like to use all my stuff, funny its 60+ years old, been though wars and is still better quality than stuff made today!! :)

Heres a pic of some of my stuff...

You a re-enactor too?

I've been working on getting all my gear lately, I'm short a few things and haven't had the cash to purchase them yet.

Amsdorf 05-21-2012 12:57 PM

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 808722)
Where to start? Well, you have memorabilia from several persons there, obviously.

The Adjutant and Court Martial manual- the Adjutant is a member of the Commander's staff- now known as the S-1. He is the Human Resources guru- which WOULD include military justice issues.

Photos of the tanks- DUDE- Hold them STILL! However, those are not Shermans. Sherman has a 75mm main gun with no muzzle brake. MIGHT be a Pershing or it's replacement, the Patton. BOO gunner MAY be BOW gunner. Bow as in the front machine gun in the hull.

Spaghetti mass of strap- those are the carrying straps for the sleeping bag. Goes around the rolled bag in two spots, allow you to attach the rolled bag to your harness/pack/suspenders.

First Aid kit- do not open. As emphemera, (stuff that gets used up) it has moderate value UNOPENED to a WW2 re-enactor.

PanBaccha 05-21-2012 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amsdorf (Post 808381)
I wasn't sure where to share this video, but I thought you guys might enjoy watching me unbox a fairly good collection of World War II gear and other WW2 stuff. I picked this box of stuff up on ebay, and I've priced each item out as best I can and let's just say I definitely got my money's worth on this haul. I thought it would be fun to open it up and take it out on camera and just discover what is in it. I have no idea what a few of the things are, if any of you do, please let me know.

I think, just to heighten one's appreciation a thousand-fold, a good reading of Laura Hillenbran's "Unbroken" - a saga of WW2 survivor in Japanese POW camps- would endear one to the sacrifice and committment of the soldiers then. I didn't give the credit they deserved due perhaps to many Errol Flynn Warner Bros movies about WW2, until I read the book. My God! I salute these guys (as a Vietnam vet myself) with undying respect and gratitude.

Amsdorf 05-22-2012 12:50 AM

Amen, brother. Amen.

And, sir, let me thank you for your service to our country.

Memory eternal.

Trez 05-25-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 808832)
You a re-enactor too?

I've been working on getting all my gear lately, I'm short a few things and haven't had the cash to purchase them yet.

Nope, just like the gear... :) Not all of its correct, its the right era, but different countrys... The monocular is Swedish, and the poncho is a Russian Plasch Palatka..