trail camera
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

trail camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default trail camera

gentlemen
any suggestion on a trail camera. price range to $100.00
thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3696 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

Collier,

Cuddeback has several different models at various prices. But I will tell you of all the trail cameras I have had none compare to the Cuddebacks! I now have 5 of them and they are dependable and simple to set and operate! When you put them up and set them you can assure they are going to take good pictures. You get what you pay for!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #3

Liked 993 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 807

I have several Moultrie cameras for that price and so far love them. My problem with buying more expensive cameras is them getting stolen. Between one of my sons and myself we have had 7 stolen in the last 3 years. This is on private land (4 different farms)that is posted like crazy.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #4

Liked 1321 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
I have several Moultrie cameras for that price and so far love them. My problem with buying more expensive cameras is them getting stolen. Between one of my sons and myself we have had 7 stolen in the last 3 years. This is on private land (4 different farms)that is posted like crazy.
That sucks. I have a few of my cameras mounted on metal stands that I welded together,and then concreted into a 5 gallon bucket. They weigh about 100 lbs each,so if someone wants to steal them,they are going to be pretty tired by the time they get back to their vehicle with them.
I also lock all of the cameras with python cables,and padlocks,if they want to steal them they will have to break the camera's body first.
North American Hunting Club

Old 09-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #5

Liked 4751 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Funny trail cam story... My friend had been eyeing this big 8 pointer for weeks on his trail cam, back when it still had velvet...
Come hunting season opening day, like how my luck is, he didn't see this deer for a few days.
He pulls the card on his trail cam, and there it is... Some hunter climbing his deer stand, shooting his deer and dragging it off... All caught on camera.
We ribbed him endlessly about it even to this day.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by collier281 View Post
gentlemen

any suggestion on a trail camera. price range to $100.00

thanks

Just bought a Stealth Cam from SAMs for $99. Pretty pleased with it so far! Time/date/temp. You can also name it so you know the pics from others. Supposed to run a year on 8 AA's.
Have my eyes on a wifi card for it now!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk