Tactical thigh rig for gp100 6"???

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Tactical thigh rig for gp100 6"???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default Tactical thigh rig for gp100 6"???

I'm looking for a thigh rig for my gp100, in nylon, and am having a helluva time locating one. I've contacted Blackhawk, Galco, Optics Planet and several others with no luck. Does such a thing even exist and if so where can I get my hands on one? If I need to have one custom made then who do I need to talk to? At the range I keep my Glock 21 in a paddle on my hip, the tactical thigh would work perfectly sitting below that on my leg. I don't need the leather "cowboy" style flopping around on me, needs to be secured to my leg. Any suggestions would be much appreciated...Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Not to be rude, but why would you need to carry a GP100 in a thigh rig? Could a shoulder holster work instead?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #3

First of, unless it's for nothing more than an accessible place to put it, thigh rigs suck. Ask anyone who wears one for a living.

I know for a fact you won't find one for a revolver at any off the shelf store. Blade Tec may be able to make a custom one, if you really insist on it but it will cost you. Good luck in your search.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I kinda want a cross draw for my GP100, congrats on having a great revolver.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Might just have to pick up a nylon holster and some Velcro and make your own.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 03-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #6

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
First of, unless it's for nothing more than an accessible place to put it, thigh rigs suck. Ask anyone who wears one for a living.

I know for a fact you won't find one for a revolver at any off the shelf store. Blade Tec may be able to make a custom one, if you really insist on it but it will cost you. Good luck in your search.
That's pretty much it, accessibility at the range, shoulder rigs don't do it for me for some reason. Thank you to all for your responses, it's greatly appreciated!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Please post pics of what you come up with Vincent.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

One of them fancy western holsters with the leather tie at the bottom for quick draw, would be a good in between fit and may work.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1427 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

I wear a thigh rig for my sidearm when hunting, traversing rough country, etc...but don't recommend one for a revolver...unless maybe you can get a real snug fit.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yep,wheel guns do flop around in thigh rigs. You would have to have double straps coming out of the side of the holster rather than from behind to make it lay right.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 03-22-2011 at 06:21 PM.