Tactical Gloves
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Tactical Gloves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tactical Gloves

I'm looking for a nice pair of tac gloves. something with exposed finger tips, but that is still going to keep my hands warm during the winter. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabraxis View Post
I'm looking for a nice pair of tac gloves. something with exposed finger tips, but that is still going to keep my hands warm during the winter. Any suggestions?
Being an old flyboy I prefer the aviator style nomex flight gloves. They're light yet warm and come ind three or four colors. If you need, you can always clip off the finger tips to expose your fingers. Many police and soldiers use them in tactical situations. They're available at most places that sell such things.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #3

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

exposed fingertips... keep hands warm... nope, can't think of anything. Oh wait, it gets cold in New Mexico?

Something thin, maybe in nomex like Snakedriver said. I'd keep the tips though, except for maybe the trigger finger, and only if it's necessary.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #4

Heck yea it gets cold here!!. last years winter was colder then Alaska's
Ya i was thinking just the trigger finger, if i were to cut it myself any tips on how to keep it it good condition? like will it start fraying if i do it myself?

i was thinking getting these and cutting the trigger finger? instead of the 1/2 finger version.

BLACKHAWK! S.O.L.A.G. Special Ops Full Finger Light Assault - BLACKHAWK!

Also i will look into the gloves you suggested snakedriver and see what i can come up with

Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

depending on the material, you can melt the cut edge with a cig lighter.
Don't know about the material in the ones your looking at though.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #6

Default Tactical Gloves

You aren't going to have warmth with cut-off finger tips. Mittens are designed to keep warmth because the fingers stay close to each other and give body heat to each other. Having no finger tips would be counter productive.
If you can get the right design tactical glove you shouldn't have any problem keeping your fingers warm while keeping dexterity. You can even place a thin cotton liner in your glove if you decide to cut off the trigger finger in the winter. Liners like that are less than $3 a pair. A good pair of tactical gloves can run you up to $100. At that kind of price (or even half that) you can expect to have a lot of tactility with your trigger finger. Check out some of Line of Fire's gloves. Outdoor Research has good cold weather gloves. Ansell Hawkeye has a good finger design in a few of their gloves as well as Camelbak and HWI.
Source: Tactical Gloves website with a lot of information on a variety of gloves. Nothing about outdoor research though, you'll have to go to their website for information on that.