Tactical flashlight picture thread - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

Tactical flashlight picture thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #21
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis
Beretta Neos 22lr with 500 lumen light. Overkill?
Not at all, I love it!!! What flashlight is it?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #22
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10979 Times on 4756 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

No- THIS is overkill!

tactical-22.jpg
People Like This 
Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
No- THIS is overkill!
No it's not, it isn't overkill until you put a spotlight on a Derringer, and even that's not completely overkill!

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 544 Times on 328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
No- THIS is overkill!
At your age anything that help's you see can't be overkill .

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #25

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Not at all, I love it!!! What flashlight is it?
Heck, that flashlight is over 4 years old. They don't even sell them anymore. Not even sure of the brand. But it does have three CREE LEDs in it. I just thought it would make a funny picture.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #26

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Not really tactical but definitely edc. Knife in right pocket, flashlight in back pocket.

Preon 2. Takes two AAA batteries and is bright as all hell.
image-1627550410.jpg   image-416190171.jpg  

Old 08-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis

Heck, that flashlight is over 4 years old. They don't even sell them anymore. Not even sure of the brand. But it does have three CREE LEDs in it. I just thought it would make a funny picture.
I recently ordered a light with a Cree LED in it, it supposedly has 1600 lumens but I checked on Cree's website and the LED apparently only has 1000 lumens, I bought it for $8 on amazon so I'm not sure if I believe it.

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #28

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
I recently ordered a light with a Cree LED in it, it supposedly has 1600 lumens but I checked on Cree's website and the LED apparently only has 1000 lumens, I bought it for $8 on amazon so I'm not sure if I believe it.
Lumens are often overrated, just like horsepower is at a car show. But I can tell you that any modern light with a CREE has the potential to be a badass light. However, the size, shape, and texture of the reflector has a huge amount to do with the light pattern and output. I have some 150 lumen lights that in an indoor setting appear to have a brighter hotspot than a 500 lumen light with a textured reflector. But get outside at night and you will see a huge difference in overall light output. I just got a light yesterday that is supposed to be 975 lumens. Standing in the middle of my street it puts out about as much light as the headlights on my brand new car but shines further. And it can fit in a pocket (I carry it in a belt holster). I think the reason most people shy away from these lights are the specialized batteries they take, but I only buy rechargeable batteries so in the long run it's actually cheaper to own these.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #29

Liked 160 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Along the battery notes, my mom got us something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Electric-JB5411-Universal-Battery/dp/B002RT8ORS/ref=pd_sim_e_3

a few years back for Christmas. She loves finding "gadgets" for us. SOOOOO we were like OK, thanks thinking it'd never work on regular non-rechargeable batteries. Boy were we wrong! It has saved us $$$ on the everyday batteries. I collect all the batteries that are "dead" from work and bring them home to add to the battery stash. They work well, and are worth the $$ if you get a quality recharger.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis View Post
Lumens are often overrated, just like horsepower is at a car show. But I can tell you that any modern light with a CREE has the potential to be a badass light. However, the size, shape, and texture of the reflector has a huge amount to do with the light pattern and output. I have some 150 lumen lights that in an indoor setting appear to have a brighter hotspot than a 500 lumen light with a textured reflector. But get outside at night and you will see a huge difference in overall light output. I just got a light yesterday that is supposed to be 975 lumens. Standing in the middle of my street it puts out about as much light as the headlights on my brand new car but shines further. And it can fit in a pocket (I carry it in a belt holster). I think the reason most people shy away from these lights are the specialized batteries they take, but I only buy rechargeable batteries so in the long run it's actually cheaper to own these.
my Streamlite LED is rated at 340 lumens and at night, it throws light for a long ways.