Surefire XD300

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Surefire XD300

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Surefire XD300

Just mounted one of these today on my XDM40, wow these things are awesome!! Anyone else use one of these? After all what good is a gun in the dark? You gotta see and these will actually blind the assailant when aimed directly in their face. Now seriously, do you think this makes sense or in a real case senario hamper you in a self defense situation?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The XD300 is one bright, well built weapon light. The housing is solid and the light is good on battery life. I think it is a great unit.

That said, I am not a proponent of having a weapon mounted to your primary weapon.

I prefer to have a light in my off hand, with an on/off press light on the bottom like my Inova, but that is personal preference.

I don't like the idea of lasers either, as they point two ways when they are turned on. Again, personal preference.

I would prefer the ability to keep my weapon ready and in condition one, ready to go, and "strobe flash" with my off hand to illuminate what I consider to be a point of interest, instead of just highlighting everything as I make my way through the house.

Put the unit through it's paces and let me know what you think - I would be interested to hear a "range report".

JD

Old 01-18-2009, 03:12 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Weird-I feel exactly same way as Dillinger about weapon mounted lights. If the bad guy sees you 1st, and they usually will when using a light, all they have to do is shoot at source of the light. If you have it extended at weak side, the best they can do is hit hand instead of center of mass or head.