Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > surefire weapon light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 357 Times on 205 Posts

Anyone here mount a p2x fury as a weapon light? Wasn't sure if it was strictly a handheld light or if it could stand up to recoil. I'm specificaly speaking about the fury. I'm aware there are other options in the surefire line-up, but I'd like a light I could edc as well. I have a streamlight polytac but it's mainly for handheld use.

Last edited by FernandoTheCommando; 10-24-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #2

Or any other surefire handheld used as a weapon mounted light?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

At that price it damn well better be able to take the abuse.
I wouldn't spend $100 on a light unless I was certain I could bludgeon someone with it and it would keep working.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #4

I hear you man. You never know though....

Old 10-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

If the light has a one inch tube you can use a scope mount if your gun has a rail. If you are putting it on a shotgun you can get a mount from ebay or amazon. 12 ga magazine tubes are one inch. The mount is similar to a scope ring but it has a 1" ring on both ends.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 10-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
If the light has a one inch tube you can use a scope mount if your gun has a rail. If you are putting it on a shotgun you can get a mount from ebay or amazon. 12 ga magazine tubes are one inch. The mount is similar to a scope ring but it has a 1" ring on both ends.
I own the elzetta 12 gauge light mount. It's rock solid and extremely well made. I was curious about the quality of the p2x fury as a weapon light. I had my streamlight polytac (great edc light for the money) on there but the recoil would blink the light so that's a definite no no.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
this is what I did. Works pretty good and inexpensive

Old 10-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
I own the elzetta 12 gauge light mount. It's rock solid and extremely well made. I was curious about the quality of the p2x fury as a weapon light. I had my streamlight polytac (great edc light for the money) on there but the recoil would blink the light so that's a definite no no.
I would sell that light or give it away. They chinese no name lights are 1600 lumens and they don't blink when mounted on a shotgun. The no name lights cost less than $40. They have cree bulbs and nice aluminum housings. The switch is on the back of the light so you can just touch it with your thumb. I took my light and gun to a skeet range for testing. When shooting doubles I could leave the light off on the first clay, turn the light on for the second clay. Three people were there when I was testing my light. All three could do the same thing with doubles.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 10-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #9

Quote:

I would sell that light or give it away. They chinese no name lights are 1600 lumens and they don't blink when mounted on a shotgun. The no name lights cost less than $40. They have cree bulbs and nice aluminum housings. The switch is on the back of the light so you can just touch it with your thumb. I took my light and gun to a skeet range for testing. When shooting doubles I could leave the light off on the first clay, turn the light on for the second clay. Three people were there when I was testing my light. All three could do the same thing with doubles.
Streamlight isn't Chinese junk. The polytac is designed for pocket carry but I decided to try it as a weapon light. It's a polymer body and I think it was a little light to be used as a weapon light. Streamlight makes great rail mounted lights, I just wanted to see if the handheld line could stand up to full power 12g buckshot. It didn't break, it just blinked. For $40 on amazon the polytac line is great as an edc light. Also, it's an advertised 120 lumens, not some outlandish claim of 1600 lumens lol. I've seen those lights and I avoid them like the plague.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #10

There is no way anyone is getting 1600 lumens in a handheld or small weapon light. I've seen surefire advertise 600 lumen weapon lights but they cost over $200. Think i might (some day) grab an elzetta weapon light. It's 200 lumens at the beam, not the emitter and I've heard great things about them. For $180 it better be good.