Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > storm case foam...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default storm case foam...

Okay, I bought a Storm Case im2100 last week, and when I opened it I was surprised to find that the foam was only cut in one direction, making it impossible to customize. I was planning on using the case to transport 2-3 pistols and magazines. Barely anything will fit in the case because I cannot create the "shelves" the information sheet comes with. To clarify, the foam is not in a cube, but rather a long rectangle. Does anyone have any advice? Are all storm cases like this?

Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have never owned a Storm Case, but if the foam is full length, I would suggest an electric bread saw. That is the unit we use to custom cut the existing foam into order for the placement of the weapon as described.

Welcome to the Forum by the way....

JD

Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

The best way to cut the foam is a Hot Wire cutter that you can make or buy. Cuts it like butter. Here is one way to build it:

Rocket Team Vatsaas Hot Wire Foam Cutter

You can also search for the smaller ones (handheld) or make you a "table saw" with one. ( that one is the best IMO)

Old 05-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
The best way to cut the foam is a Hot Wire cutter that you can make or buy. Cuts it like butter. Here is one way to build it:

Rocket Team Vatsaas Hot Wire Foam Cutter

You can also search for the smaller ones (handheld) or make you a "table saw" with one. ( that one is the best IMO)
I agree. Trying to cut it, even with a good sharp blade, is frustrating at best and not so neat compared to a hot wire cutter.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-