Sportsmans Guide love? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Sportsmans Guide love?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I'm a club member also. Not everything is the best quality so you do have to look at reviews and shop carefully but I've been buying from them for over 10 years and have yet to send anything back. Probably the best buy I've gotten are their 511 pants. These things are very well made, have padded knees, heavy material and tons of roomy pockets. I forget exactly what I paid but it was around $25 per pair. I'd say they were a good buy at twice that price. All in all, good stuff at decent prices

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #12

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

More than once I've attempted to purchase 5 or 6 items online, went to checkout, and found all but one out of stock.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #13

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMIM View Post
More than once I've attempted to purchase 5 or 6 items online, went to checkout, and found all but one out of stock.
I gave up on them for a while for just that same experience. The ammo with good prices was back ordered all the time and I let my buyer's club expire.

I have bought a good amount ot Guide Gear labled stuff that has pretty good. I was offered a free club membership a while back and have one again, I'll probably just buy some things before it expires and not pay for a renewal.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 09-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #14

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I'm a club member too, I've had really good luck with everything but size on some surplus clothes. They took the returns no questions asked.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 09-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5914 Times on 3087 Posts
Likes Given: 415

i usually shop our vendor list here on ftf. i can usually get a deal on what i want before i have to look elsewhere

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #16

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have bought ammo from them once. It was a great deal and shipping was on time. I always look at there website and i get there magazine. Deals are out there from the sportsmans guide you just have to time it right to get free shipping..

Old 09-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #17

If you have AAFES privileges, access from AAFES ONLINE to get the same SG member pricing.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #18

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I have had good dealings with them.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #19

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
I am a Sportsman's Guide "Club" member, which gives me an additional 10% off most items, 5% on ammo, and I highly recommend their products on name brand items and ammunition.

I time my purchases to qualify for free shipping, and with no sales tax, their prices usually beat anything else I can find.

They do promote a lot of cheap, Chinese junk, though, so buyer beware!
I do buy a lot of stuff from SG but I never joined their club. The full 10% discount is seldom applied to everything, In the rules it says 10% across the board. I do always have a $10 coupon. I spent $100 there yesterday. But I will never join the savings club. If SG didn't have such good service I wouldn't shop there at all. If you promise 10% disciounts then everything should be discounted.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 09-30-2012 at 01:03 PM.
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Am a member as well. I do make a few purchases from time to time. I bought some 7.7mm Jap ammo just for the brass. Haven't shot it yet. I have also purchased slings, accessories, etc. Nothing high dollar.