Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Sportsmans Guide love?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Default Sportsmans Guide love?

Any of you use The Sportsmans Guide for your firearm accessories, ammo, or gear? I definitely steer clear of their noname ammo, but I love their cases, ammo cans, harnesses and holsters. Have seen scopes and all sorts of other things available also.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #2

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I buy a lot of ammo from sportsmansguide but not much else. They have good prices but there are no bargains.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 09-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #3

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

every now and then i buy things from them. look @ the reviews first though. everything that i've purchased from them, and cheaper than dirt, has been really good purchases.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Get most of my stuff off of eBay.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I buy a lot of ammo from sportsmansguide but not much else. They have good prices but there are no bargains.
Really, I've not gotten to the point that I trust ammo other than store bought standard winchester or remington.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
every now and then i buy things from them. look @ the reviews first though. everything that i've purchased from them, and cheaper than dirt, has been really good purchases.
Always!!! I've purchased some jackets from them before also, so far nothing but good stuff to say.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Online ammo is great!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
Online ammo is great!!!
Any brands I should look for specifically? I dont mind store prices, about $13 a box for 9mm and $19 for 45acp, but am always down for a deal.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #9

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am a Sportsman's Guide "Club" member, which gives me an additional 10% off most items, 5% on ammo, and I highly recommend their products on name brand items and ammunition.

I time my purchases to qualify for free shipping, and with no sales tax, their prices usually beat anything else I can find.

They do promote a lot of cheap, Chinese junk, though, so buyer beware!

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49
I am a Sportsman's Guide "Club" member, which gives me an additional 10% off most items, 5% on ammo, and I highly recommend their products on name brand items and ammunition.

I time my purchases to qualify for free shipping, and with no sales tax, their prices usually beat anything else I can find.

They do promote a lot of cheap, Chinese junk, though, so buyer beware!
I too am a club member, but don't have the patience to wait for free shipping. Lol