Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Sportsmans Guide love? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/sportsmans-guide-love-73295/)

BeyondTheBox 09-27-2012 06:35 PM

Sportsmans Guide love?

Any of you use The Sportsmans Guide for your firearm accessories, ammo, or gear? I definitely steer clear of their noname ammo, but I love their cases, ammo cans, harnesses and holsters. Have seen scopes and all sorts of other things available also.

Old_Crow 09-28-2012 04:34 AM

I buy a lot of ammo from sportsmansguide but not much else. They have good prices but there are no bargains.

USEBOTHHANDS 09-28-2012 04:37 AM

every now and then i buy things from them. look @ the reviews first though. everything that i've purchased from them, and cheaper than dirt, has been really good purchases.

towboater 09-28-2012 04:47 AM

Get most of my stuff off of eBay.

BeyondTheBox 09-28-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I buy a lot of ammo from sportsmansguide but not much else. They have good prices but there are no bargains.

Really, I've not gotten to the point that I trust ammo other than store bought standard winchester or remington.

BeyondTheBox 09-28-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
every now and then i buy things from them. look @ the reviews first though. everything that i've purchased from them, and cheaper than dirt, has been really good purchases.

Always!!! I've purchased some jackets from them before also, so far nothing but good stuff to say.

towboater 09-28-2012 05:11 AM

:D Online ammo is great!!!

BeyondTheBox 09-28-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater
:D Online ammo is great!!!

Any brands I should look for specifically? I dont mind store prices, about $13 a box for 9mm and $19 for 45acp, but am always down for a deal.

treehugger49 09-28-2012 12:54 PM

I am a Sportsman's Guide "Club" member, which gives me an additional 10% off most items, 5% on ammo, and I highly recommend their products on name brand items and ammunition.

I time my purchases to qualify for free shipping, and with no sales tax, their prices usually beat anything else I can find.

They do promote a lot of cheap, Chinese junk, though, so buyer beware!

BeyondTheBox 09-28-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treehugger49
I am a Sportsman's Guide "Club" member, which gives me an additional 10% off most items, 5% on ammo, and I highly recommend their products on name brand items and ammunition.

I time my purchases to qualify for free shipping, and with no sales tax, their prices usually beat anything else I can find.

They do promote a lot of cheap, Chinese junk, though, so buyer beware!

I too am a club member, but don't have the patience to wait for free shipping. Lol