Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Specter Gear Sling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Specter Gear Sling

I'm looking into buying a sling for my AR. I am not military or police and do not need it for professional use. Basically, I want something that will sturdy my weapon when I'm at the range and want to shoot standing up. I also want to be able to put it in different carry positions so I can walk around with it and whatnot (and not have it bang my c**k like a single point). Regardless of all the negative hype with 3-point slings regarding their lack of "control", I think a good 3-point sling is exactly what I'm looking for. I've heard GREAT things about Specter 3-point slings. From the reviews I've read, it seems they have the flexibility and control of a 2-point sling, but the ability to sturdy the weapon like a 3-point sling.

So anyway I'm just wondering if any of you out there own a Specter sling? If so, how do you like it? Also, they have 3 main models: Close Quarters Battle, Cross Shoulder Transition, and Special Operations Patrol. Which model do you own. Why'd you choose that one, etc?

Specter Gear Home Page

And any other comments or sling recommendations....feel free to post!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I went through several slings before I got a Vtac sling. Best I've had. Easy to adjust, locks up tight and won't slip unless you want it to, and can be worn several ways. I tried single point, three point, and cheap two points, none were acceptable to me.

Viking Tactics Sling MK2 VTAC
This link was the first one that I grabbed from google. Search and you can probably find better price or shipping. I'm using mine on my LR308.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #3

Wow yeah, that looks like a great product as well. Again, seems like nothing but great reviews for that too. Definitely going to take a deeper look into this one now. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm curious as to how you (and anyone else) is setting up their sling on an AR-15 with A3 style collapsable buttstock. The front mount is underneath the gas block, and the rear mount is underneath the buttstock. See pic of my AR below..(bipod is no longer on my weapon). I am most likely going to buy a rail mounted quick detach swivel and attach it to the left side of my picatinny rail for the front mount. But for the back mount, I'm thinking of three different setups (because the mount underneath the buttstock is just terrible). 1. getting a swivel to attach to the slit in my buttstock (see picture), 2. attaching it right behind the receiver (I'd have to buy a new endplate), or 3. wrapping it around the buttstock by using the slit.

Any positives/negatives by doing it a certain way versus another?

dscn0220.jpg   s-t-2.gif  

Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #4

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I can't remember how I hooked the sling up. I haven't had it out in a while. I know I bought a sling adapter to go on the rail on the fore grip that is fastened to the bottom. I think the rear attachment is just through the slot in the stock.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!