Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > So whats the deal with surefire lights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3227

I have many Surefires that were given to me by my former supply people. Ranging from 2 different weapon mounted to several hand helds. I like them, and have never had any problems.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 06-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lights are basically like anything else that you want to buy, you get what you pay for. Surefire, IMO is one of the top of the line lights. I am very fond of the x300, it is very durable and can fit on multiple weapons. There are other cheaper alternatives but I suggest go with surefire that way you know it will work when you want it too.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #13

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'm. Running the g2x pro or w/e and love it. I've had it over a year, and still haven't lost it. The batteries are as fresh as when I bought them.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 06-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #14

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33002
Lights are basically like anything else that you want to buy, you get what you pay for. Surefire, IMO is one of the top of the line lights. I am very fond of the x300, it is very durable and can fit on multiple weapons. There are other cheaper alternatives but I suggest go with surefire that way you know it will work when you want it too.
Surefire makes some good lights, but like the x300 not everyone can justify spending $190+ on a light whenever they can find one just as good for cheaper.i have two surefire lights and two streamlights, and they are great lights, but my solarforce lights are brighter,have a longer range, and are just as reliable and they werent more than $30. In all honesty flashlights arent that "high tech", a good reliable light doesnt need to be uber expensive to be good.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 06-13-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Surefire makes some good lights, but like the x300 not everyone can justify spending $190+ on a light whenever they can find one just as good for cheaper.i have two surefire lights and two two streamlights, and they are great lights, but my solarforce lights are brighter,have a longer range, and are just as reliable and they werent more than $30. In all honesty flashlights arent that "high tech", a good reliable light doesnt need to be uber expensive to be good.
That's a very good point. Seeing how I do not own a solarforce I can not disagree with you, but I do know that you can be extremely rough with the surefire and it will keep on coming on. As a side note I am know going to have to go buy a solarforce so that I can compare the two!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #16

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33002

That's a very good point. Seeing how I do not own a solarforce I can not disagree with you, but I do know that you can be extremely rough with the surefire and it will keep on coming on. As a side note I am know going to have to go buy a solarforce so that I can compare the two!!!
Im pretty sure that you would be impressed with it.

Being an ex LEO of ten years, surefires and streamlights were all ive used. They are both great companies, i dont have any complaints but i wanted a light to put on my AR that was bright and wouldnt break the bank. I researched lights and lumen quality and came across the solarforce, ive been very impressed. Ive bought another since

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis