So what online gun accessories store has the most reasonable shipping costs? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > So what online gun accessories store has the most reasonable shipping costs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 01:08 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandRapidsGuns View Post
We at Grand Rapids Guns are interested in what you think a resonable shipping rate should be? Flat rate for everything? Built into price? Based strictly on weight/location? What are your thoughts? We are committed to structuring our buying experience so it is enjoyable by all!
Just curious why some stores can put everything into a flat rate usps box for $5.80, while others will only use a USP or FED ex type of shipping that runs around 12.00 dollars for the same items. When I buy online, I am doing so for the best price, as well as not giving any more money to uncle sam in taxes. Sometimes its better to just buy locally because some mail order places (like brownells as an example) will charge more than 5 dollars to put a screw in a USP box, when a padded envelope will do

Just curious

Last edited by Anna_Purna; 10-13-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #12

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You will find more success by increasing product prices and offering free shipping.
I doubt that anyone wants to see increased prices. And not everything can be shipped free, no matter how much you jack up the pricing. Competitive pricing and "actual" shipping costs are the way to go.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #13

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts

I use amazon and midway USA quite a bit. Others depend on mainly if they have what I'm looking for at a reasonable price and shipping rate.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8519 Times on 4930 Posts
Likes Given: 11063

I hate the shipping costs that are attached to the order total. That is bunk. There are many things that are very expensive yet very small, and vice verse. In cases where they charge more for shipping based on how much more you spend I don't buy small expensive items. Rather I will call around and talk to the companies and if they won't give me a break for a small part that cost a lot I will order it somewhere else. I have purchased $250+ trigger groups before where they want to charge enormous amounts for shipping and just buy it somewhere else.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 10-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #15
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Shipping is the hidden deal killer. Nothing makes me go shop somewhere else than when I think I have a good deal and at checkout I see what shipping charges are.

As much as I like Midway, I've shopped elsewhere for a better deal when I've seen some shipping prices. Sometimes they are the only ones with the product though, so then I just have to decide to bite the bullet or just wait and bulk order other stuff if it isn't urgent. I wish they'd do an Amazon Prime deal - $75/year for 2-day shipping on almost everything.

What's a good shipping charge? I'm sure you buy things online. What $$ makes you cringe?

I'll add Natchez Shooters also as a place to shop.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 10-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Just bought a Lyman no rifle online shipping is a killer. My lgs got it for me no shipping fee and 50$ cheaper than the best online price I found. He is used to me asking him wierd requests just cuz his suppliers ship to him free. I can often tag stuff on he gets $$ I get lower cost and free shipping on many items.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Most of us know what fair shipping costs are, and tend to deal with those that offer good deals and fair shipping cost. Lesson over!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 10-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
What on-line retailer do you like to buy from that doesn't take advantage of their shipping charges?
The same place I get most of my computer parts. Amazon if they have what I want. If you're a Prime member you also get 2 day free shipping.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #19
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
What on-line retailer do you like to buy from that doesn't take advantage of their shipping charges?
I hear Argyle Armoring has great shipping rates.

I use USPS for accessories and pistols and UPS for long guns. USPS flat rate priority is AMAZING!!!

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Last edited by Argyle_Armoring; 10-29-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #20

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I buy other goods from a place that charges 5% of the total cost for shipping and thats more than fair to me which is pretty close to what JW357 is talking about . It really pisses me off when I have to buy something for $20 and they try to charge you $12 for shipping . Thats ridiculous

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens