Smart Carry Holster - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Smart Carry Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

It sounds like a new name for my "thunderwear". I like mine but don't use it all the time. It is pretty secure in my opinion and allows you to conceal with a tucked in shirt.

I know a lot of people are nervous about a gun in this position. I feel I am in control of my firearm and it is on safety with my finger off the trigger.

What bothers me more is that people worry about this but don't seem to mind a shoulder holster that has the firearm pointed at how many other people? or a cross draw where you have to draw across other people. Who is that firearm pointed at? Family, friends, and other unknowing people. At least I am only putting myself at risk...

Not a rant, just an opinion.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #12

Liked 1979 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
It sounds like a new name for my "thunderwear". I like mine but don't use it all the time. It is pretty secure in my opinion and allows you to conceal with a tucked in shirt.

I know a lot of people are nervous about a gun in this position. I feel I am in control of my firearm and it is on safety with my finger off the trigger.

What bothers me more is that people worry about this but don't seem to mind a shoulder holster that has the firearm pointed at how many other people? or a cross draw where you have to draw across other people. Who is that firearm pointed at? Family, friends, and other unknowing people. At least I am only putting myself at risk...

Not a rant, just an opinion.
Yea. I am not a fan of the horizontal shoulder or the cross draw holster. Just my opinon though.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #13

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

There's a public place (I won't be specific since this is a public forum and I'm admitting something) that I will be spending a lot of time at this summer. It is technically not legal to carry there, but the rule is unconstitutional, IMO. I don't really want to be caught carrying and have to fight it in court (though I am sure that there is a local group who would fight and win on my behalf just to make the point). However, I WILL be carrying all summer.

I decided to use a belly band and modified it a bit so I can wear it crossdraw right above my manhood. The femoral artery would be the first to go. But I feel pretty comfortable and am happy that I will be carrying. It is worth the mental discomfort.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That's my normal carry location, but using an Uncle Mike's or Blackhawk IWB. Aside from the occasional crunch getting into the truck, it's pretty comfortable. I go untucked (Shirt, that is).

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 07-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

To answer the OP's ? I used the Thunderwear model for 8 yrs. until I came accross the Smart Carry system.
I use the ambi model which allows me to carry (2) Glock 30SF's or (2) G38's in 45 GAP. All day comfort, very safe, no way you can pull the trigger while drawing. If you are concerned about that, you can cut a plastic jug or milk carton and insert it in the pocket to add additional protection. (Not needed in my opinion, but some do it for their own peace of mind.)
I recommend practicing your draw stroke with an unloaded gun of course (safety first,) but I can draw and fire my first round COM in 1 and half seconds.
I wear pleated dress slacks or Dockers, and I have never been made. I have carried some type of 45 for over 10 yrs. in this manner and have not ever been made.
Call the owner Charlie Parrott and tell him what gun you intend to use in it, and he will tell you which model to order on the website. Nice guy and he has a 60 day money back warranty.
Besides being heavier duty than the original Thunderwear, the Smart Carry has a water/sweatproof back material called Cushmax, and it really does protect the weapon from sweat.
Try it, and you will love it.
Good luck and always stay safe.

NRA
GT (Member of Bull Dawgs Club/Big Dawgs Club)
GSSF
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #16

On the crossdraw issue, I carry that way when concealed under jacket, etc. and the 1 occasion I did OC in public. I practice drawing from that position and really don't think I point it more than a few degrees away from the target. Since you mention it, I should get someone to watch me and advise. I like CD, as it is a better position to prevent weapon being snatched from me. But if I sweep more than I know, I will do something different.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default smartcarry

I purchasd one, It is comfortable if you are on you feet all day. I carry my keltekp11,cannot imagine a full size 1911! I also found it a little warm. With my ruger lcp it is great, but easier to just use my wallet holster. I will probably re-sell the smartcarry.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Have a SmartCarry. Used it a little bit, but I like carrying my G27 in a Remora for appendix carry.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:37 AM   #19

Yeah, I use the thunderwear for certain situations. It works great but I don't expect it to replace every other holster I own.

It is a good set up when you need a deep concealed carry. I wear it slightly off center and when I sit down it rest comfortably in the crease between my thigh and groin area. I've found it works best for my light weight .357 revolver but I can carry my Colt Compact in it as well just as long as I'm not wearing my skin tight 1980's style blue jeans.

It works fine, and I can throw it in the laundry when ever I need to.