Smart Carry Holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Smart Carry Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Smart Carry Holster

Has anyone tried the Smart Carry holster that is worn under the pants and carries gun in the crotch? I have seen it on their site, smartcarry.com but haven't talked to anyone with it yet. I think I'd like it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #2

Isn't there a thread going that calls that type something like "testiment" removal tool?
Some guy shot himself with the gun just tucked into his pants. Smart carry is barely one step up from that.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #3

I've seen lots of news about people carrying IWB without a holster. The basketball player who had a gun fall through his pants in a NY nightclub was doing that. It fell through his pants, hit the floor and discharged. I don't see how someone could do an AD with Smartcarry unless he pulled the weapon with his finger on the trigger. I do as taught and lay trigger finger against the frame til aimed and ready to shoot. The holster looks good on their website but I would like to hear from those who have tried it before I spend the $. Let's see what we hear.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpatriot
The holster looks good on their website but I would like to hear from those who have tried it before I spend the $. Let's see what we hear.
I'll bump the thread so we can see.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I truly dislike the idea. I get a bit squeamish about guns near my man parts.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-20-2010, 05:27 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Smartcarry

Obviously, none of you are Smartcarry Holster users. It is a decent holster design and it is quite comfortable. You could be wearing pajama pants, sweats, or shorts and still use this holster and nobody would have a clue you were carrying. It completely covers the trigger and I have carried GLOCKS in this holster for years without issue. If carried and used properly, it does not aim at your "man parts." Perhaps look at the website and look at the pictures on how to carry using this holster would be a good idea.

Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Nuh uh. Not gonna' do it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess all those gangster thug types that wear their pants around their knees can't use it.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #9

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm not comfortable with things in the crotchal area that aren't meant to be there, but that's just me.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActiV View Post
I guess all those gangster thug types that wear their pants around their knees can't use it.
No, I suppose not...

Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.