Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Shoulder holsters (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/shoulder-holsters-46041/)

blucoondawg 07-31-2011 01:29 PM

Shoulder holsters
 
I'm looking for my first shoulder holster for a Beretta 96, also I'm a big guy and left handed. Any suggestions of a good holster for me, I'd like it to be concealable. Also looking for one for a GP 100 with a 6" barrel, that one will be more for hunting and stuff so concealability isn't as much of an issue. Thanks.

ScottA 07-31-2011 02:17 PM

What's your price range?

freefall 07-31-2011 06:29 PM

Hard to beat a Galco Miami Classic, unless you're a cheapskate like Wreck1918 and me and make your own. Check out his thread Shoulder Holster in the concealed carry section. Oh, you could also look at my "my homemade holsters" in the DIY section.

canebrake 07-31-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freefall (Post 553474)
Hard to beat a Galco Miami Classic, unless you're a cheapskate like Wreck1918 and me and make your own. Check out his thread Shoulder Holster in the concealed carry section.

I don't think the Miami Classic or the Jackass Rig come in left hand versions (for the 96).

What model 96 do you have?

Ya got two things going against you for a shoulder rig; you're big and you're a southpaw. :(

blucoondawg 08-02-2011 03:18 AM

It's a 96A1.

blucoondawg 08-02-2011 03:23 AM

price really isn't a big deal as long as I find one I like. I'd rather not have a couple hundred stuck into it or anything like that if I can help it I guess.

gunfighterzero 08-06-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg
price really isn't a big deal as long as I find one I like. I'd rather not have a couple hundred stuck into it or anything like that if I can help it I guess.

Can go wrong with a Galco Miami classic. Usually about $150.00. Its comfortable, doesn't show under a shirt and has lots of options. Stay away from nylon, Alway too bulky and doesn't mold well to your body

CA357 08-06-2011 08:05 AM

Take a look at a Bianchi X15 and the Triple K Challenger vertical shoulder holsters.

TekGreg 08-06-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 553480)
I don't think the Miami Classic or the Jackass Rig come in left hand versions (for the 96).

What model 96 do you have?

Ya got two things going against you for a shoulder rig; you're big and you're a southpaw. :(

I use a Miami Classic and am left-handed, so I know they make the left-handed holsters, just not sure about that model. If you contact Galco, even if it's not in the catalog, I'm sure they could reverse a right-hander for you given three weeks or so. I've had great luck with their customer service.

gunfighterzero 08-07-2011 06:32 AM

ok i looked it up on the galco site. you cant buy it in left handed as a complete system but you can put it together from separate components, holster, mag pouches, harness etc

I guess they do it this way so lefties can build their own or a right hander can carry a back up on his weak side

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.