Shoulder Holster... to be or not to be

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Shoulder Holster... to be or not to be

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shoulder Holster... to be or not to be

So whats your take on shoulder holsters? People really seem to have mixed feelings on these. I have heard the argument "It is rude to stick your gun barrel at people" Seriously i have heard that before.

I have worn a few here and there, and it seems like a practical option to be worn with a jacket.

What do you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9207 Times on 3972 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

I have worn right side up shoulder holsters, upside down rigs, and point to the rear types. Usually with a larger handgun, and yes, you need a jacket/coat. They were comfortable even with a heavy gun that will make yer britches droop, when nature calls and you go drop trou in the men's room, your gun does not hit the floor and slide two stalls down.

Drawbacks? Well, did have a friend that, when drawing, snagged his shirt with a sharp hammer spur, and ripped half the front off his shirt......

Depending on the particular holster/gun/jacket, may tend to "print" more than an IWB type. You wind up doing a crossdraw, which can be a smidge slower to come on target.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #3

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I actually just bought one the other day, its got the pistol under my left arm in the horizontal position with a mag pouch on top and two more mags under my right arm. I wore it for about four hours around the house just to get used to it and found it very comfortable. Havent wore it out in public yet but with the weather turning cold ill be wearing it under a jacket soon enough

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380