Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Shooting Glasses (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/shooting-glasses-52434/)

colmustard 11-26-2011 03:22 AM

Shooting Glasses

So I am wanting a nice pair of shooting glasses. And there seems to be a lot of choices out there. I am a bit conffused as to what color lens would benefit me the most. I always shoot outside at an outdoor range. I would love for them to be polarized or have great UV protection, so I can wear them anytime.

What would you all suggest?

trip286 11-26-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colmustard
So I am wanting a nice pair of shooting glasses. And there seems to be a lot of choices out there. I am a bit conffused as to what color lens would benefit me the most. I always shoot outside at an outdoor range. I would love for them to be polarized or have great UV protection, so I can wear them anytime.

What would you all suggest?

I like amber lenses. You can find them polarized. For me and my eyes amber gives good definition, reduces eyestrain, and somehow makes colors really pop. They look cheesy wearing them to the mall though, so skip that fashion mistake.

Mine are from walmart, remington I think. I also normally wear prescription glasses, and my amber glasses have no prescription, it doesn't make a difference though.

colmustard 11-28-2011 12:14 PM

Thanks trip

trip286 11-28-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colmustard
Thanks trip

Wow, I'm the only one who had anything to say about it. For some reason I thought this thread would have some debate.

And your welcome.

Freak 11-28-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286

I like amber lenses. You can find them polarized. For me and my eyes amber gives good definition, reduces eyestrain, and somehow makes colors really pop. They look cheesy wearing them to the mall though, so skip that fashion mistake.

Mine are from walmart, remington I think. I also normally wear prescription glasses, and my amber glasses have no prescription, it doesn't make a difference though.

I have the same exact ones and they work great! On a cloudy day the amber really brightens it up

Alpha1Victor 11-29-2011 01:22 AM

I have clear lenses for my oakleys that I use.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

jjfuller1 11-29-2011 01:51 AM

i have the same clear lensed oakleys. and also i have remington that have 4 different lenses, clear, amber, red, and gray i think. they each color has a diferent use. gray work well for seeing into water. amber are normal sunglases. red are shootng glasses

mtbfarms 12-04-2011 12:59 AM

I shoot USPSA and IDPA. I broke down and bought a pair of Rudy Rydons with the light changing red lenses. They are REALLY expensive but ill never use anything else now

jdgeroy 12-04-2011 08:03 PM

I have Oakleys that come as a set in a case. The lenses are interchangable with yellow, amber (pink) and clear. I prefer the clear lenses.

PanBaccha 12-04-2011 08:32 PM

Amber glasses? Good idea. I have a pair but never really
used them except when driving in tropical storms, which by
their very use highlights the obscure and makes for driving
safe. But will now try them out on the firing range.