Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   SGworks SKS Bullpup (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/sgworks-sks-bullpup-100193/)

zaitsev44 11-11-2013 02:46 AM

Can anyone tell me about them? They look pretty cool, and they don't look like they're junk. Does anyone have one or know about them? They're twice the price of the Tapco 6 position stocks (they're $224 for the combo one), and they have 3 rails and it looks cool. It looks practical too. Plus I don't think it requires any modification to the rifle, and it can be used with any type except the Albanian model. Thanks for any and all feedback!

SSGN_Doc 11-11-2013 03:16 AM

I'm not a big fan of bullpups. Mag changes are usually more difficult. Your head is usually right by the ejection port, or what I consider to be too close to the breach of the gun.

This particular Bullpup looks like it would be even more of a pain for mag changes, because most SKS larger capacity/detachable mags tend to be a pain to swap quickly. Often aftermarket mags cause feed problems. The flip up port cover looks like it may pop up from time to time while shooting, understandable since the SKS is a top ejector. This still puts your face near that ejection port and flip up door.
The charging handle location requires you to move the hand from the pistol grip to recharge or clear jams. Stripper clip feeding is a bit slower as well with the need to open the port cover.
Usually bullpups and especially conversions make triggers worse.

When all is said and done it is still an SKS, not a great enhancement that makes it better as a fighting rifle. It could make a cool conversation piece and range toy, but not much else. If that's worth $100-250 then go for it.

sputnik1988 11-11-2013 03:27 AM

I've said this 100 times but too many people try to turn an SKS into something it's not, generally an AR or AK which it is a substitute for neither. The kit looks like a Styer Aug which is $1800 so it is kinda a cheaper alternative if you really like that style, but a (roughly) $400 SKS and a $224 stock we're already in AR or AK territory price wise. Even if you already own the SKS, you are really trading that rifle for the bullpup in a way.

If you really like it, go for it but if your are looking for a practical 'tactical' rifle, you can do much better.

zaitsev44 11-11-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988
I've said this 100 times but too many people try to turn an SKS into something it's not, generally an AR or AK which it is a substitute for neither. The kit looks like a Styer Aug which is $1800 so it is kinda a cheaper alternative if you really like that style, but a (roughly) $400 SKS and a $224 stock we're already in AR or AK territory price wise. Even if you already own the SKS, you are really trading that rifle for the bullpup in a way. If you really like it, go for it but if your are looking for a practical 'tactical' rifle, you can do much better.

I don't think I am gonna put it in a bull pup stock anytime soon. Just testing the waters, I might just get a tapco collapsible stock whenever it's in sale for about $70.

sputnik1988 11-11-2013 04:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaitsev44 (Post 1428635)
I don't think I am gonna put it in a bull pup stock anytime soon. Just testing the waters, I might just get a tapco collapsible stock whenever it's in sale for about $70.

I think you need one of these;) I've held one once, most ergonomic rifle I've ever touched.


http://www.steyrarms.com/microsites/aug/#1

zaitsev44 11-11-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988
I think you need one of these;) I've held one once, most ergonomic rifle I've ever touched. http://www.steyrarms.com/microsites/aug/#1

I'd have to sell a kidney for one of those! Haha!

sputnik1988 11-11-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaitsev44 (Post 1428667)
I'd have to sell a kidney for one of those! Haha!


Nah, not that bad...
Buds has em, http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_427/products_id/411542583


Or you could build one heck of an AR for that price.

sputnik1988 11-11-2013 04:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These run about the same price.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/712005634


Do it!!!:p

zaitsev44 11-11-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988

Yeah the Tavor is nice! The Israeli's sure know how to make great weapons. And the Israeli's themselves are formidable weapons!

sgthooah04 11-22-2013 07:50 PM

So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no one here has any hands on experience with this particular bullpup kit?
I'm seeing people bash it but not a lot of I'v shot it stories about it. I'm curious about it as well


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.