Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > serpa holster snatch fail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default serpa holster snatch fail

Went to visit my father for fathers day. He had the extended family over. I was hanging in the house and grabbing a drink when my wise a$$ step brother (marine) snuck up behind me (heard him coming) and he tried to snatch my glock. The serpa holster worked great! I chopped his wrist away and before he could react my gun was drawn and in his stomach. (mag was in my pocket) He jumped back hands in the air and I re-holstered my weapon. I then answered his questions about the holster.

I love this thing and don't think I will ever switch back to leather.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

You should have shot him...j/k Damn Marines! WTH was he thinking, even if the mag was out he didn't know if one was in the pipe. That's a good way to get shot.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah he's not always the brightest. He's made attempts at my knives in the past and never succeeded. Going for a gun is definitely a bit more dangerous and stupid especially when you fail and it ends up turned on you.
The look on his face when he saw how fast I can draw from that thing was priceless though. Lol

Old 06-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #4

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I hate this kind of crap. When I was active duty and standing guard at a training base right before I got out, I had a fellow Marine who always liked to try and grab my m9 from it's holster when I was logging out of the log book. It's dangerous. No matter how many times I told him to knock it off, and no matter how many times I went to his corporal, sergeant, and commander, he never got more than a verbal reprimand. Until I beat his ass with a chair one day.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #5

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I hate this kind of crap. When I was active duty and standing guard at a training base right before I got out, I had a fellow Marine who always liked to try and grab my m9 from it's holster when I was logging out of the log book. It's dangerous. No matter how many times I told him to knock it off, and no matter how many times I went to his corporal, sergeant, and commander, he never got more than a verbal reprimand. Until I beat his ass with a chair one day.
Chairs, the best way to get your point across. Not to vicious, not to subtle. The perfect way to say LOOK MFER!!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

He wasn't from Massachusetts, was he? Lol

Old 06-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #7

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Chairs, the best way to get your point across. Not to vicious, not to subtle. The perfect way to say LOOK MFER!!
I guess you could say he beat the sit out of him,

Old 06-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #8

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

I guess you could say he beat the sit out of him,
Haha. Guess so bear...

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear304inc

i guess you could say he beat the sit out of him,
boom!!! Sit the f*** down

Old 07-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #10

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Went to visit my father for fathers day. He had the extended family over. I was hanging in the house and grabbing a drink when my wise a$$ step brother (marine) snuck up behind me (heard him coming) and he tried to snatch my glock. The serpa holster worked great! I chopped his wrist away and before he could react my gun was drawn and in his stomach. (mag was in my pocket) He jumped back hands in the air and I re-holstered my weapon. I then answered his questions about the holster.

I love this thing and don't think I will ever switch back to leather.
Oh, boy. Well first of all, the good. Yes, I'm also a big fan of the Serpa holster, and sell a lot of them. Now the bad. The situation you described would make an excellent poster for how gun "accidents" happen. I can't think of more ignorant stunt to pull. Years ago, we had a local training class for police officers dealing with defending yourself from being disarmed. After the class, one of the officers was speaking with the instructor. Another student thought he'd be cute, and take the other officers gun while he was preoccupied with the instructor. He came up from behind, snatched the other officers gun from his holster, and pulled the trigger while the gun was still upside down. What he didn't know was that the first officer had already reloaded since the class was OVER. The officer was shot in the abdomen and died before the ambulance arrived. Now officer dumb-ass has to live with what he did, and the dead officer's family his left to grieve. The instructor has mental grief issue's to this day over having that officer killed in front of him. All because someone wanted to be "cute", like your idiot brother in law. Sorry, as a firearms trainer and range officer you post really struck a nerve and I hope no one here would do something so stupid.

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

M14sRock Likes This