Serpa holster is driving me NUTS because it's rattling like crazy... help!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Serpa holster is driving me NUTS because it's rattling like crazy... help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Serpa holster is driving me NUTS because it's rattling like crazy... help!

Alright, so I have a serpa holster for my glock 19 and it's my favorite holster.

I just got a Serpa for a Sig Sauer 226/220. First thing I noticed when I opened it was that there was this little annoying piece of plastic in there that is rattling like CRAZY.

I'm looking at my glock 19 holster and it's not there.

Is this because it is a retention spring to accommodate railed and non-railed handguns? Can I just rip it out?

I don't have a rail on my 220.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2011, 02:06 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I had a Serpa for one of my HKs. It rattled until I super glued a thin piece of leather in the holster where it meets the trigger guard. That took care of it in my case. That little piece of plastic, Can't tell ya what its for. Never needed it.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 02-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #3

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks man!