serpa auto lock

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > serpa auto lock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Default serpa auto lock

picked up a serpa hollster with the autolock. not sure i like the lock but i want to remove it and see the difference without destroying the lock in case i like it better that way and i want to be able to use it when im out hunting with the lock. anyone know how to do that??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Never thought about taking it apart. I just stippled the release. It looks like the pin it pivots on is inserted from the bottom.
Taking it apart is probably a bad idea. If you figure a good way to do it, I'd be interested in learning.
BTW I love the holster. It's my edc and it's great for good retention and fast drawing. Only minor issue I have is it does wear the finish more than leather.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Never thought about taking it apart. I just stippled the release. It looks like the pin it pivots on is inserted from the bottom.
Taking it apart is probably a bad idea. If you figure a good way to do it, I'd be interested in learning.
BTW I love the holster. It's my edc and it's great for good retention and fast drawing. Only minor issue I have is it does wear the finish more than leather.
finish wear on a carry gun isnt relevant to me. rust from sweat soaked leather is worse.

i can remove it with some pliers and a bit of muscle heh.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

finish wear on a carry gun isnt relevant to me. rust from sweat soaked leather is worse.

i can remove it with some pliers and a bit of muscle heh.
Same stance I have.
Looks that way. Getting the spring back in probably won't be fun.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Same stance I have.
Looks that way. Getting the spring back in probably won't be fun.
Try wedging the "button" open with piece of rubber garden hose gasket. It works for me, but it is only "slipped" in though.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

looks like it is pinned in permanent. once its in there it aint coming out without force being used.

its a really nice extremely comfy holster other than the lock being a little annoying.

i think im just gonna take some machinery to it and make it a perma mod.

i know they make these without the lock but i had frequent flier coupons for store credit and it was the only 1911 holster in stock that looked fun.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

ok here is what i did. i chucked up a 1/16 drill bit in the drill press and drill a hole in the opposite end of the holster so i could drive the pin out with a punch.

first hole i slightly missed so i took a second attempt and got it right. the hole on the left is the correct position. ill clean it up with a file tomorrow.

now i can remove it at will.

after trying it sans lock i dont think im going to carry it without the lock. it feels like it would fall right out at the slightest brush in the wrong direction.

anyway if you want to diy it 1/16 drill bit will do the trick. the other end the pin is a little larger so it wont fall out under use. the spring is just springsteel bent over itself real easy to get it all back in place