Screws for a picatinny rail

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Screws for a picatinny rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Screws for a picatinny rail

Does anyone know if they make shorter mount screws for the picatinny rail? I bought a rail for Mossberg 930 and the screw bottoms out before it tightens completely in the front.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2013, 03:43 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Try Home Depot/Lowes/Menards, take the mount screw with you they should be able to help you.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt
Try Home Depot/Lowes/Menards, take the mount screw with you they should be able to help you.
Didn't think about that. Great idea - thanks.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You probably did this, but just in case. Make sure all the screws that came with the base are the same length. They may have included one that was a tad shorter to be used specifically in the front. If not, a belt sander or dremmel is an easy way to shorten a screw. Also, most base screws are going to be 6-48 or 8-40, difficult find anywhere but a sporting goods store.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2118 Times on 1163 Posts
Likes Given: 632

The lgs or local gunsmith should have them in stock.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.