Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Scales shredding my hands!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Another tip is to use both hands to move the slide: push forward with the hand gripping the grip as you pull back with the hand gripping the slide. It takes less of each arm's muscle and might cut down on the friction on that slide hand.

I corrected some of my grip problems with videos on youtube; youtube won't smack you over the head like a redneck relative will.

BTW, as you may be aware, Billy the Kid was known for slipping cuffs due to his large wrists and small hands.
Strength is of no prob, the scales on the slide bites into my palm and it hurts thus making me not want to pull back all the way to press down the release button for the slide to move forward.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #22

Liked 243 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Bit confused. Is racking the slide a problem, or hitting the slide stop an issue?

Old 09-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_G
Bit confused. Is racking the slide a problem, or hitting the slide stop an issue?
None, just asking to see if using football gloves is decent for use with hand guns because the scales on the slide hurts my skin when i rack the slide back and press on the slide stop down so that the slide can go back to its normal position. It just hurts my palm.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #24
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2081 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHands

Oh yea i do like em. I just didnt want to be the only weired one using them to shoot at the range lol! Im torn between 2 diff football gloves, diff design and grip.
Your not the only "Weird" one, trust me. I wear football gloves or tactile work gloves for long range sessions, and my wife must wear a glove and brace to shoot anything heavier then a 22 or 38 wadcutters. And as I recall, all the range ladies working at the big shooting ranges in Vegas wear em as well.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 09-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

Your not the only "Weird" one, trust me. I wear football gloves or tactile work gloves for long range sessions, and my wife must wear a glove and brace to shoot anything heavier then a 22 or 38 wadcutters. And as I recall, all the range ladies working at the big shooting ranges in Vegas wear em as well.
Coooool, thanks! Im not alone then hehe!

Old 10-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHands
None, just asking to see if using football gloves is decent for use with hand guns because the scales on the slide hurts my skin when i rack the slide back and press on the slide stop down so that the slide can go back to its normal position. It just hurts my palm.
You can also lightly buff the slide serrations down a little to help with racking the slide. A thin type golf glove is also gives excellent grip while maintaining dexterity and protection for petite hands.