Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Safes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Safes

I'm looking for a safe for my rifles and whatnot. I only have a few but there are a couple of other things I want to store also. The thing is I don't know anything about safes. I just started reading here about them and I am learning as I go. I have up to $1200 I can use for the purchase and don't want to make the mistake of spending it on junk. I'm hoping someone can steer me away from the bad ones and to a safe that is the most bang for my buck. Looks don't matter. Fire rating does. Are there any paticular brands to avoid at all costs?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #2

Default American security safes

American security has nice safes with a good fire ratings, well built and they have many locking bars on the doors. I would not go with the fancy door handles or the eletroinc locks. My safe has the combitation wheels and you can also lock it with a key. If I were you I would stay away from all the fancy
things they offer. Just get a good well built safe. Also you can by different interiors say from 10 to 15 guns .do a little research and spend wisely.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #3

Default safe

i just got a cannon safe at sams club ! very nice good looking .. 1 hour fire door.. and the best thing .............$649.00 and holds 24 guns!

i was looking for about 1 year and found this...

if you have a question for me you call me at 313
-350-6144

thxs and good luck.....................

Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #4

Default safes

I would not be afraid of any Browning safe. I have not seen Sams club safes. Remember that getting it home will likely be by professional movers as they can weigh over 600-800 pounds. So plan that expense. They should have stair climbing equiptment. No use scratching it up or hurting yourself. Also if in the home I would like to have a basement support post under it. If a crawl space maybe cement blocks. Iused to be a safe technician and moved several in my day's.
Bob

Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I bought a Remington fire proof several yrs. back. It was about the $1200 range. Plan for the future. I didn't. Now I need anotherone. This one is stufffffed.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:22 AM   #6

Like Pounce said, plan for the future. Find the biggest one you can afford because it will become too small one day.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
Like Pounce said, plan for the future. Find the biggest one you can afford because it will become too small one day.
And you'll just have to buy another one.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #8

I recommend the Liberty Safe line. They are a great safe and offer a variety of styles and fire ratings. Every male member of my family owns at least one and many of my friends have one as well. Do some research and try to find a dealer outside of the big chain stores. That alone will save you several hundred dollars.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I second the Liberty safe recomendation. The are every bit as good as a Browning, better in most cases, and you don't have to pay extra for a name and a logo.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #10

I have a big Prosteel that has to be 25 years old if it's a day.If I'm not mistaken or they changed recently Prosteel makes the safes for Browning. So far one attempted break in zero entry.

***** NRA Patron Member *****